The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M.Zuiko 9-18

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Is anyone here having fun with the m43 ZD 9-18? If it performs comparably to the Panny 7-14 then I think it might be a more practical focal length... 18-36 equiv. would be perfect for me. It also looks nice and compact. And it will fit the reasonably priced Oly underwater housing for the OM-D, with a dedicated zoom gear nonetheless!

Last edited:

ggibson

Yep, I've had the 9-18mm for a couple years after I sold my 7-14mm. It's a great lens. I use it a lot as a travel/landscape lens. I just posted some underwater pictures in another thread here also if you're interested in diving.

dhsimmonds

I also use the 9-18 Oly lens for interior stuff, landscapes and travelling. I transited the Panama canal in January this year and it was perfect for recording that event.

BradA

I recently picked up the 9-18 and so far I'm very happy with it. The Panny 7-14 is reputed to be a bit better optically but I'm happy with the IQ from the 9-18. The 7-14 is also reputed to prone to purple flare in certain kinds of light on the E-M5.

JBurnett

I have been thinking about this lens for a while now but, having (finally) picked up the PL 25mm lately, my budget for camera purchases is very thin. I was also wondering if anyone has tried the wide-angle adapter for the Panasonic 14mm (the DMW-GWC1), which gives an approximate 11mm view (22mm full-frame equiv.). I don't expect miracles, but I notice that the test-chart performance of the 9-18mm isn't miraculous at 11mm either (for whatever test-charts are worth). I'd love to try the 7-14 or 9-18, but does anyone have experience with the DMW-GWC1 with the 14mm lens stopped down to f4 or 5.6?