The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

OM D E-M5 Image review help required

kevm1

Although I'm a seasoned photographer normally working with Nikon FX gear I'm a new convert to 4/3 and it's taken just a little while to work my way around Olympus's way of doing things with menu's.

I have image review set to ON and for 4 seconds but must have recently changed something else as I now cannot get any image review after taking a shot although as I said, image review is set to ON for 4 seconds still.

Having read the highly comprehensive guide lol I'm still none the wiser as to why I can't see any image reviews aoutomatically and have to press playback to see any shot taken.

Would appreciate any pointers as to what I may have set to stop image review from working. Many thanks in advance for any help offered.

JBurnett

Don't have an OMD, but on my Panasonic G3, I notice that Image Review (which I have set to "hold") doesn't happen if my Drive Mode is set to continuous rather than single shot. I'm sure the many OMD owners can set you straight, though.

dhsimmonds

Try cycling through the sub menu activated by the little button on the right side of the EVF housing as that can switch off the rear lcd view on one of the selections and you may have accidentally pressed that button to change those particular settings.

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
It displays it in the EVF if you shot through the EVF. If you shot in live view it shows up on the LCD. Instead of how you shot it they should make it show according to whether your eye is on the EVF or not.

Edit: actually, they should make show on the LCD until you put your eye to the EVF or half press the shutter release.