The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The adapter has arrived

fordfanjpn

Re: OK, just one more!

Bill, Thanks for the nice shots. I have the CV 75 and that is one of the first I wanted to try on the G1 so this was a great preview. Is it difficult to focus the longer focal lengths without OIS or were you using a tripod?

Regards,
Carl
Carl,

It became real obvious with the 75 how shaky I am (explains a lot of the motion blur I have been getting lately - must be old age :( ), but that shot was hand held. It is very easy to focus with the G1. Much easier than the M8, at least for me.

Bill

fordfanjpn

This is lovely. Since I don't know the lens, I can only comment on the composition, subject (I'm a sucker for Japanese maple leaves LOL).

Diane
Thanks Diane. We had a lot of rain here recently and the leaves are everywhere. I'm afraid I got a little carried away with leaf pictures. :rolleyes:

Bill

fordfanjpn

Hi Diane,

The CV 75mm f/2.5 Color Heliar is one of Cosina Voigtlander's "sleeper" lenses. High quality at a low price. Take a look at Sean Reid's review of the 75mm RF lenses for details. On the G1 this lens becomes a 150mm f/2.5. I'm encouraged by Bill's nice image wiith this lens on the G1. Here is a sample image taken with the CV 75 on my M8

Regards,
Carl
The 75 is a really nice lens, especially for the money. And it is a pleasure to use on the G1, although it's hard to hold it steady without a tripod. I also have the APO Lanthar 90/3.5 which I haven't tried yet. I don't know if I'll be able to hand hold that one. Today I'm planning to try the Nokton 40/1.4.

Bill

mreddington

Re: Color-heliar 75

Here's another shot with the Heliar, with some bokeh.

Bill
Fantastic shots, Bill. I also have the CV75/2.5. The reason I bought the G1 was exactly to be able to use the M lenses with a bit more tele reach as well as having a good camera for those lazy days when I want to take a zoom. I think (and my bank balance hopes!) that with the M8, G1 and DLux4 there will be no reason to buy another camera ever again :D

Martin

A

akaloith

Can you please post FULL SIZE raw and jpeg samples of your great Leica Lenses on Panasonic G1?
By posting a 1mp sample means nothing about image quality
Very easily a crap lens could be good at 1mp!
PLEASE FULL SIZE!

A

akaloith

can someone post a full size comparison of the panasonic and the leica lens?

fordfanjpn

Re: Color-heliar 75

Bill, that's a lovely shot, but, there seems to be a rather brutal roll-off on the highlights on the flower - is that recoverable, did you shoot raw?
Thanks Jono. Yes, I shot that in raw. I'll see if I can do something with it. I don't have any confidence in my cheapo monitor here at the office, but I'll give it a try.

Bill

fordfanjpn

Can you please post FULL SIZE raw and jpeg samples of your great Leica Lenses on Panasonic G1?
By posting a 1mp sample means nothing about image quality
Very easily a crap lens could be good at 1mp!
PLEASE FULL SIZE!
I don't know if it's possible to post 12mp pics in this forum.

Bill

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I don't know if it's possible to post 12mp pics in this forum.

Bill
Thanks Bill and this is not directed at you.

It is not and let's remember folks, let's try not and push this issue with posting photo's from others. We are here because it is something we want to do and some folks do not like posting there images it is there right not too. Thanks I hate being the heavy sometimes but we always want to keep this forum friendly and everyone happy.

fordfanjpn

Thanks Bill and this is not directed at you.

It is not and let's remember folks, let's try not and push this issue with posting photo's from others. We are here because it is something we want to do and some folks do not like posting there images it is there right not too. Thanks I hate being the heavy sometimes but we always want to keep this forum friendly and everyone happy.
Hi Guy. Thanks for the comment. It's appreciated. Always good to have the voice of reason when we need it. You and Jack do a great job of keeping this a good place to hang out. This is the only forum I still read and take part in, and I hope it stays that way. Keep up the good work.

Bill

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Now lets get to some fun part. I would love if someone took on the courage to post a Adapter thread. Right now i am confused as maybe others are as well. Something maybe that identifies the adapters , where they can be found and what exactly they do. Maybe group it as to existing 4/3 lenses, micro 4/3 lenses and the alternate lenses Leica , Zeiss and CV in the M mount, The same in the screw mount. Than we have Nikkor adapters and who knows what else . this little thing is about the most versatile camera lens combo i have seen. Anyway would love a chart of this and i can make it a sticky for reference. you folks are really ahead of everyone on all this and this data is great to have. But i will admit it id confusing too with all these adapters

Diane B

Now lets get to some fun part. I would love if someone took on the courage to post a Adapter thread. Right now i am confused as maybe others are as well. Something maybe that identifies the adapters , where they can be found and what exactly they do. Maybe group it as to existing 4/3 lenses, micro 4/3 lenses and the alternate lenses Leica , Zeiss and CV in the M mount, The same in the screw mount. Than we have Nikkor adapters and who knows what else . this little thing is about the most versatile camera lens combo i have seen. Anyway would love a chart of this and i can make it a sticky for reference. you folks are really ahead of everyone on all this and this data is great to have. But i will admit it id confusing too with all these adapters
I surely second that. I'm a non RF shooter but am interested in perhaps exploring some alternative lenses, but I need some handholding here I think LOL. Some sort of chart would work.

Diane

jonoslack

HI Guy
It's a great idea
The trouble is actually getting hold of the adaptors at present - although I think that they mostly work the same way.

Bill seems to be the first person to get an adapter, so I'd say it was his punishment to get the information together!