The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

more with the 75/1.8

scott kirkpatrick

Since the irresistable appeal of this lens has even drawn one of our most active posters into hat-consumption, I thought I would take it out for a stroll today and refresh my memory on its characteristics. First three examples of its traditional charms:

and then...

scott kirkpatrick

A few shots that are a little edgier. (Sorry, I couldn't find the "Paradise Garden" tunnel that Jono likes to capture for its foliage, shadows and texture everywhere, so this tunnel of real estate ads will have to do.)

and this:

and a final Maxfield Parrish-like effort

scott

jonoslack

Hi Scott
Maxfield Parrish indeed - haven't given him a thought these 20 years and more!
So, what's your conclusion?

scott kirkpatrick

Of the three M43 medium telephotos that I've got, all very capable, the 75 is the really outstanding one, the 45 is pretty nice, and I'm not wildly excited yet about the 25/1.4 (the PanaLeica one). I like them all enough to probably spring for the new E-P5 when it comes out next month (or so). I expect its controls will be a little easier to use, the view a little bigger, the AF and wakeup a bit faster, but the lenses are what has sold me.

scott

Knorp

Not sure I should post this here, it's more like "of" than "with", but anyway.
Here's my lovely new Zuiko 75/1.8 with fitting black screw-in hood.
And what's more I also have a fitting ND filter. Hurrah !

:worthless:

scott kirkpatrick

That new lens shade is an improvement over the old one I've got, that secures with a thumbscrew. Does it cost the same as the old one, or more?

scott

Knorp

Hi there Scott,

you may have noticed this is not an original Olympus hood, but one from B+W.
Bought from Foto Hupert Germany listed for €29,90 (Teleblende Nr. 960 Metall für 58,0 mm Objektivgewinde).
I actually use it on my Leica Summarex 1.5/85 :)

Kind regards.