The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

third party lenses?

back alley

anyone think that there is a possibility that third party lens makers might start making lenses for the micro 4/3?

i have grown fond of the 2 sigma lenses zooms i have for the sony a300.

anyone think that there is a possibility that third party lens makers might start making lenses for the micro 4/3?

i have grown fond of the 2 sigma lenses zooms i have for the sony a300.
In principle, why not? Suppose m4/3 is an open standard like regular 4/3.

I don´t know if the interest for lens adapters is local for this forum, but if it is widespread, it should whet the appetite of every lens manufacurer out there.

And make Leica deeply regret their decision to pass on m4/3....

Terry

In principle, why not? Suppose m4/3 is an open standard like regular 4/3.

I don´t know if the interest for lens adapters is local for this forum, but if it is widespread, it should whet the appetite of every lens manufacurer out there.

And make Leica deeply regret their decision to pass on m4/3....
I guess there is nothing to stop Leica from getting involved at this point. I figure that they were kinda tapped out on resources with the S2 and then a Revamp to the R system. They will get some revenue when Panny comes out with Leica branded lenses (which they said would come in the future).