The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New forum member

peterv

Mery X-mas everybody!

After reading all the enthousiast and friendly threads here, I decided to join the club.

During the past months I've been closely watching the developments around the Panasonic G1 and today I bought a G1 with both zooms :) (already ordered the Novoflex 4/3 - M last week...)

I hope I can soon post a few pics to show some of the work I plan to do with this camera.

BTW, over at LUF I'm known as Peter D Lux 2 (just didn't think this 'name' was appropriate here and now...)

Best wishes,

Peter

Photo: Christmas Eve Amsterdam (800 ISO 1/8 auto everything jpg!)

helenhill

Coool....Lovely Mood Pix of an Amsterdam X-Mas Eve

Please tell Santa to send me some Yummy Brownies....:ROTFL:
Cheers-H

L

Lupo

Mery X-mas everybody!

After reading all the enthousiast and friendly threads here, I decided to join the club.
Merry Christmas folks!

I like to read in this "relaxed forum". My English skills are underground, but your obvious fun and good photos can be seen in each language!

Greetings Werner

barjohn

By the way, that 45-200 is a bigger and heavier lens than the picture would lead you to think. The Nikon 55-200 is light in comparison (or so it seems).

Terry

By the way, that 45-200 is a bigger and heavier lens than the picture would lead you to think. The Nikon 55-200 is light in comparison (or so it seems).
I think you are comparing it to the rest of the G1 kit. Then it seems a bit heavy. But the G1 with 45-200. It is definitely more petite and easier to carry than any of my Nikon lenses.

barjohn

Ok, I checked. The specs for the 45-200 are 3.93" x 2.75" at 380g. The Nikon kit 55-200 with VR is 3.93" x 2.92" at 335g.

Granted the combo of camera and lens is less than with the Nikon but the lens is heavier.