The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

it's so small!

back alley

my g1 just arrived about 15 minutes ago and right out of the box it seems so tiny!
i think the panasonic fz20 i recently sold is bigger!

i have ordered the 45-200 lens and an adapter from cameraquest, the lens might arrive anytime and the adapter is a month away.

i cannot wait to attach my 25/2.8 zm lens on the g1.

joe

Terry

Enjoy it. The pictures really don't tell the whole size story. You need to see it and hold it to really get a handle on the size.

helenhill

Congrats Joe...Santa Loves You :)
Post some pixs w/ the zeiss glass....Can't wait
Best & Happy Holidays...H

Diane B

I haven't bought mine yet but I handled one last Saturday. I took my G9 with me for size comparison and was 'awed and amazed' at the size---but also, for me, pretty decent ergonomics. I shoot primarily with a 5D and I've been trying to satisfy myself with a smaller camera for hiking, travel and urban day to day. I also downloaded 9 RAWs from various sources and processed in LR and printed 2--one an 11 x 17--and I have to say, I was pretty doggone pleased. I've also seen a number of up to ISO 800 (which is usually where I go for low available light shooting) and I can live with what the G1 is able to do.

I don't have alternative (i.e., M mount primarily) lenses but I'm researching what will work for my type of shooting. This could be my 'fun' camera *smile*.

Diane

peterb

I've had mine now for a little less than a month. And I have never enjoyed a camera as much (and I've had some wonderful cameras). Enjoy your new camera. You will get a lot out of it.

Peter

Oh yeah...and Merry or Happy or Feliz whatever.. ;)

back alley

what a cool little camera.

i love the zoom on the manual focus. i now see how people say it's easier to focus than a rangefinder.
and having had the fz20, there are some similarities in how things get done.

peterb

Bill,

Missed that Freudian one completely! ROFL (I have no idea which emoticon best reflects that!)