The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Adapter Availability?

monza

It's probably taking longer so batches can be made sans logo.

If you look at the Rayqual site and compare to other adapters on the Cameraquest site, they look identical except for missing Rayqual logos. The font and part numbers are identical.

One example:

Cameraquest Nikon F to Canon EOS:

Rayqual Nikon F to Canon EOS:

Interestingly, the following Rayqual and Kindai adapters appear to be identical except for silkscreen:

Rayqual:

Kindai:

My guess is that Rayqual is the actual manufacturer and labels them for Kindai or no-name for Cameraquest.

Last edited:

scho

It's probably taking longer so batches can be made sans logo.

If you look at the Rayqual site and compare to other adapters on the Cameraquest site, they look identical except for missing Rayqual logos. The font and part numbers are identical.
My guess is that Rayqual is the actual manufacturer and labels them for Kindai or no-name for Cameraquest.
If I'm interpreting the english translation of the Rayqual site correctly, suggests that the first production run of the m4/3-m adapter has sold out.

T

terryc

One of the better local camera stores (Leo's Camera) in Vancouver had 4 Novoflex adapters on Friday but they were going fast.

Best regards Terry.

barjohn

Can anyone tell me what the Novoflex adapters have been running? Leo's is quoting $288 CDN or $234 US. Is that a fair price?

Terry

Can anyone tell me what the Novoflex adapters have been running? Leo's is quoting $288 CDN or $234 US. Is that a fair price?
I just called Leo's as well before reading this. I didn't get it. I thought I could wait a few weeks for the Cameraquest adapter and save the $50-$60

If you're in the UK SpeedGraphic appear to have them in stock:

http://www.speedgraphic.co.uk/prod.asp?i=19226&1=Novoflex+Micro+Four+Thirds+Adaptor

Given the weakness of the Pound at the moment it might even make sense for those of you the other side of the Pond to import - £125 ~= $175
Good tip, Kiloran; thank you! I had planned to call Novoflex as soon as they reopen after the holidays, but this one was even cheaper than Novoflex themselves...

So, my order is now with them. Can´t wait to get that adapter and start testing....

jlm

Workshop Member
I will be shipping the first orders of M to G1 adapters today. any orders not in by today will ship next wednesday, for both the LTM top G1 and M to G1, as I will be travelling.

[email protected]

K

kiloran

Good tip, Kiloran; thank you! I had planned to call Novoflex as soon as they reopen after the holidays, but this one was even cheaper than Novoflex themselves...

So, my order is now with them. Can´t wait to get that adapter and start testing....
It arrived today so I would hope yours will be with you very soon. Its nicely built but the instructions are poor - make sure you pay careful attention to aligning adapters and lenses - see my "Jammed Novoflex adapter" thread (fortunately now resolved after 3 anxious hours :eek:

K

kiloran

Instructions? You got instructions with yours? :)
Lol, just a single sheet of German/English instructions that were less than clear, hence me almost trashing the camera :eek:

All fine now and looking forward to playing with the camera in decent light tomorrow, its first serious task will be to take the eBay shots for my D60 kit + Sigma 50mm. Just need to work out which ancient LTM lens I use for the purpose :cool:

kevinparis

is it just the scotsman in me... but are the prices being quoted for these adaptors not just a little bit outrageous. They are not highly complex mechanisms... no expensive tooling needed... probably just a computer controlled lathe that I am sure populate the chinese factories and a minimum of labour assembly

I understand fully the laws of supply and demand and the need to make a profit... but if adaptors for other lenses/bodies are in the $10-30 bracket, with even obscure things like contax to canon with AF confirm for less than $40 are available on ebay... then $200+ does seem like a rip off for what is fundamentally the same thing... a couple of bits of brass or aluminium screwed together.

ok

rant off

peace and love

monza

I think you'll find cheap copies of these soon enough, if µ4/3 sells in high enough quantities.