The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Adapter Availability?

barjohn

Here is what the G1 looks like with a Novoflex adapter and the Minolta 40/2 lens and the Nion 50/1.8 and 28/2.8.

Last edited:

scho

Could somebody put the adapter on the back of a lens, off the camera, and take a picture of the backside?

I think you'd see that with most lenses, the lens mount flange inserts far enough into the adapter that very little of the reflective surface is left exposed. So I'd think there shouldn't be much risk of reflection, except maybe from extremely off-axis light sources. But that's only a theory...
Here are some rear shots of 3 lenses mounted to the Milich GM adapter. Only the inner surface of the adapter around the rear lens element is exposed.

50mm Planar

35mm Biogon

28mm Ultron

scho

Carl, how does the lens release work on the Milich M adapter?
Robert, There is a slot in the adapter and you simply slide the locking pin back toward the camera to release the lock. You can see it in that last photo of the Ultron. It is quite tiny so you need to use your fingernail to hold it back while releasing the lens. A larger pin would have been easier. I've also noticed a slight amount of play when the lens is locked on when focusing the lens, but not enough to interfere with focusing.

jlm

Workshop Member
some info:
only aluminum can be anodized, but the adapters are bronze, which can be blackened, but the process is not optimum. the adapteres could be made of aluminum and anodized (I may consider that for future editions) but aluminum is not a durable. it would weigh less: about 30 g)
most of the leica lenses have bright brass elements, part of the focusing helicoid, that occupy some of the interior volume, probably left bright as any blackening would wear off. seems to not be complained about.
I may consider blackening the interior, non-wear areas of the adapter anyway.

there have been a few reports of early Leica LTM adapters not fitting the GM adapter due to tolerance variation. I have found zeiss and leica M lenses and any of my LTM adapters to work perfectly.

jlm

Workshop Member
by the way, i am developing a new version adressing what concerns have been noted. when they are ready, I will exchange new for old at no cost
please continue to list your concerns...so far:
spring function in M bayonet to fit lenses out of tolerance
aluminum, black anodized for black interior and light weight
slightly larger lens release button
more tolerance on lens detent pin
???

jm

monza

John, could these be done in a chrome finish outside, and matte black paint or powder coat on the inside? These look very nice, and the continuing improvements are great too, especially the exchange.

Jonas

John, could these be done in a chrome finish outside, (...)
Eh, no thanks, please.
I have the GT version and really like the bronze appearance. The improved new version of the GM adapter sounds great but the outside is just fine as it is. I guess it is all personal and in the end I think I'll be happy with whatever John decides is reasonably.

I have been waiting with ordering the GM adapter as I understood it wouldn't be available until Jan 14 again. John, will you announce here when the new version is ready for shipping? kindest, /Jonas

wolverine

The m to mFT adapter fits nicely on my 50 pre-asph but won't on my 90AA. Can't get the adpater to turn enough to set the pin. Frank

by the way, i am developing a new version adressing what concerns have been noted. when they are ready, I will exchange new for old at no cost
please continue to list your concerns...so far:
spring function in M bayonet to fit lenses out of tolerance
aluminum, black anodized for black interior and light weight
slightly larger lens release button
more tolerance on lens detent pin
???

jm

Terry

The m to mFT adapter fits nicely on my 50 pre-asph but won't on my 90AA. Can't get the adpater to turn enough to set the pin. Frank
It is interesting Frank that I have the problem with my 50 pre-asph although a different 50 lux also pre-asph late version worked fine. Was yours coded? Mine was but the one that I know does work was not.

My 28 cron was fine as was a 35 cron.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
John,
Will it be possible to adapt the M to G1 adapter so that we can mount our OUFROs? I know a lot of us have them and were hoping to use them. I would be glad to send you mine so that you can see why it doesn't fit.

kevinparis

being a Leica philistine I had no idea what a OUFRO could possibly be... google gently suggested i may be looking for an afro...

still no idea why you would use an OUFRO... but giggle at the thought of making a lens adaptor to mach you hairstyle

love and peace
K

Terry

being a Leica philistine I had no idea what a OUFRO could possibly be... google gently suggested i may be looking for an afro...

still no idea why you would use an OUFRO... but giggle at the thought of making a lens adaptor to mach you hairstyle

love and peace
K
Vivek reminded us when he was doing his custom adapters. It is a small extension tube that has a Leica M mount on either side and by extending allows you to focus closer than the lens states. It was shown to be useful on the G1 because you can see your focus on the live view screen so you don't really need to worry about the focus scale on the lens.