The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Adapter Availability?

barjohn

It seems to me, and I could be wrong, but the lens scale doesn't match the actual when an M lens, or any other for that matter, is used with an adapter on the G1. Am I wrong?

monza

It should...when I focus a Nikkor lens on an F2 and then on the G1 on the same subject, the scale shows the same distance.

R

Ranger 9

still no idea why you would use an OUFRO... but giggle at the thought of making a lens adaptor to mach you hairstyle
If that makes you giggle, you'd fall over laughing if someone were to ask about the feasibility of using a NOOKY...

...yes, that's the actual Leitz order code for another close-up accessory.

wolverine

It is interesting Frank that I have the problem with my 50 pre-asph although a different 50 lux also pre-asph late version worked fine. Was yours coded? Mine was but the one that I know does work was not.

My 28 cron was fine as was a 35 cron.
Terry,
Neither lens is coded. My 50 is a black paint edition. I put the adpater on the 90 and it won't budge without a lot of pressure. It concerns me. Frank

jlm

Workshop Member
tight fit on my adapter is due to the gap between the bayonet tabs and the flange base compared to the same in the adapter. i measured many zeiss and leica lenses to arrive at my adaper dimensions, but i need to make an allowance for tolerance variations which seem to range as much as .005". another item is the width of the bayonet tabs; here also i will widen these.
so far, black anodized aluminum looks like the best choice; it is very tough

I got a pleasant surprise today: the Novoflex adapter I ordered through SpeedGraphic arrived! I had got the impression that it was back ordered, and had more or less given up about getting it within the next few weeks.

It looks, feels, and works like a precision product, as expected from Novoflex. None of my three M lenses (rather old ones) is an unduly tight fit, like some have reported. However, I have a complete set of the three LTM-to-M adapters, and these are quite tight; one of them cannot even be turned far enough to lock properly.

Like a happy child, right after unwrapping I got all my lenses out (Summicron 35 and 50, and Tele-Elmarit 90, plus a ´36 vintage, uncoated Summar 2/50) and started shooting wildly. This soon got very confusing (remember, the EXIF doesn´t have any info about focal length or aperture), and I decided to start with just the Summicron 50. After all, no sane person brings four new lenses home on the same day....:confused:

I soon found that I had underestimated the problems with pushing two ill placed buttons in order to get an enlarged view for focussing. It works well for static subjects, but not for action shooting (there´s another thread (started by Brian) about possible remedies, so I won´t go into any detail here). Focussing without enlarging worked about equally well as manual focussing on the standard screen on my Nikon D200 - that is, not quite good enough to be reliable.

Once in enlarged mode, however, focussing is very fast, easy, and precise. And, of course the images look "Leica-like" (whatever that means...). So far, I´ve nothing worth showing (lousy weather), but I look forward to trying this out over the next few days.

barjohn

Brings up another interesting possibility for firmware. The ability to specify your non-electronic (i.e. manual) lenses through some menu system so you could record in the EXIF the lens used and f stop selected along with the other data such as shutter speed, flash or no flash, etc.

W

wblynch

I would consider swapping memory cards, labeled by lens. It couldn't record aperture though.

barjohn

Just like you can set the f stop on a flash in manual mode it should be possible to specify focal length via a scroll menu and f stop in use.

woodyspedden

A post for John Milich.

I just got my adapters today and both of them are wonderfully machined. A tactile pleasure to behold.

Only problem is that instead of getting one M to G1 and one LTM to G1 adapter, I got two of the M to G1's. Love the M to G1 but one of them is sufficient. LOL

Please send me one of the LTM to G1 adapters and i will return one of the M to G1's to you

all the best........beautiful products

Woody

Guess I'm too late. I couldn't find them on ebay. :cry:
Sorry the article number was incomplete. Here the correct ebay article number:
Or activate Worldwide and search for novoflex adapter leica m. In this moment there are still 2 available. I have bought articles from this German dealer before and was satisfied

barjohn

I have the Novoflex adapter and I have a question that maybe one of you can answer. I notice that it also has threads in the inner barrel. Does this mean it can take LTM lenses too? If not, what is the purpose of the threads? Second, someone else has posted that the Rayqual is a superior design because it protects the camera's contacts from being shorted by a lens that protrudes the base of the adapter. Would others agree with that assessment? Does it further limit the diameter of protruding lenses and thus limit more lenses from being used?

I have the Novoflex adapter and I have a question that maybe one of you can answer. I notice that it also has threads in the inner barrel. Does this mean it can take LTM lenses too? If not, what is the purpose of the threads?...
No, they´re not threads, just a way to eliminate reflections. You can see the same thing inside many (most?) lenses. Don´t try to mont a lens there, you´ll only scratch the paint off....:p