The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Adapter Availability?

jklotz

Hi Guys! Anybody know about the availability of a G1-Leica M adaptor in the USA? JM doesn't have them yet, Rayqual emailed saying they'd be available via cameraquest in February. Any other available options? I can't wait to try some of my good glass on this thing!

Thanks!

monza

Last I heard, the Novoflex would be delivered to their US distributor (HP Marketing) the first week of January. I was told by HP they will drop ship for their dealers, so they should be available right after that.

Terry

Last I heard, the Novoflex would be delivered to their US distributor (HP Marketing) the first week of January. I was told by HP they will drop ship for their dealers, so they should be available right after that.
I called B&H during the week. The guy didn't know about the adapter but he is very interested in the G1 so was going to look into it. Who are some of the other Novoflex dealers in the US?

monza

When I spoke to HP a few weeks ago, they kept saying talk to B&H or Adorama. I then talked to B&H and they knew nothing about the product and said they had no idea if they would stock it or even take special orders for it, "keep checking our website." That's why I ordered direct from Novoflex.

I'd recommend calling HP and getting a dealer list.

A

azul123

Hi,
My first post.. I wanted to order the mFT-M adaptor but check the Novoflex website it is not listed. How did you guys order?

monza

My recommendation is to call HP Marketing on Monday and get a list of dealers. I'm betting there is a small specialty dealer (perhaps Photovillage) that could order and have HP drop ship, arriving earlier than a direct shipment from Germany. Plus you'll be able to order in USD instead of euros. HP told me they drop ship most orders.

That being said, here is the direct order info:

NOVOFLEX Praezisionstechnik GmbH
Lydia Ernst - Sales -

Brahmsstr. 7, 87700 Memmingen
Tel.: +49 8331 88888 Fax: +49 8331 47174
eMail: [email protected]

A

azul123

oops, I just found the thread with info who to email to for orders.

A

azul123

My recommendation is to call HP Marketing on Monday and get a list of dealers. I'm betting there is a small specialty dealer (perhaps Photovillage) that could order and have HP drop ship, arriving earlier than a direct shipment from Germany. Plus you'll be able to order in USD instead of euros. HP told me they drop ship most orders.

That being said, here is the direct order info:

NOVOFLEX Praezisionstechnik GmbH
Lydia Ernst - Sales -

Brahmsstr. 7, 87700 Memmingen
Tel.: +49 8331 88888 Fax: +49 8331 47174
eMail: [email protected]
your post beat me to it, thanks though.

A

azul123

Have looked thru the adapter quality based on pictures only and it looks like the Rayqual adaptor has better built. Anyone with comments if my assumption is inaccurate?

monza

Not having personally seen the Rayqual, I can't comment on the build quality except it looks fine in photos. The Novoflex looks like a quality piece to me, looks good, feels solid, fits into the G1 bayonet perfectly, and lenses fit just like they do on a camera body.

The 'throat' in the Rayqual appears to be smaller than the Novoflex, and the lens release button is recessed on the Novoflex. I'm not sure about the Rayqual, but the Novoflex has a pin that prevents the adapter from being removed from the G1 with the lens attached. I'm thinking of filing down the pin. :)

A

azul123

Not having personally seen the Rayqual, I can't comment on the build quality except it looks fine in photos. The Novoflex looks like a quality piece to me, looks good, feels solid, fits into the G1 bayonet perfectly, and lenses fit just like they do on a camera body.

The 'throat' in the Rayqual appears to be smaller than the Novoflex, and the lens release button is recessed on the Novoflex. I'm not sure about the Rayqual, but the Novoflex has a pin that prevents the adapter from being removed from the G1 with the lens attached. I'm thinking of filing down the pin. :)
Leaving the adaptor attached to body? yes.. that would be what I would like to do as well, leaving adpator attached to camera.

R

Ranger 9

Is anybody besides me surprised that the Rayqual adapters haven't turned up on eBay yet? I've seen pictures shot of and with them, so evidently they're available in Asia, but CameraQuest says they won't have them until late January at the soonest. You'd think somebody might step into this gap to profit from would-be early adopters.

Is anybody besides me surprised that the Rayqual adapters haven't turned up on eBay yet? I've seen pictures shot of and with them, so evidently they're available in Asia, but CameraQuest says they won't have them until late January at the soonest. You'd think somebody might step into this gap to profit from would-be early adopters.
So the adapters that CameraQuest will have are the Rayqual ones? I see nothing on the web sit that identifies his supplier.

I´m on the waiting list with CQ, but if I´ll have to wait that long, I´ll withdraw from it.... Novoflex seem to be shipping already.