The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With The E-P5

jonoslack

Hi There
I had a go with the 12-60 on the E-P5 today - focusing a bit chattery but okay - manual focus was fine though . . . What a lovely lens, it always was my favourite, I guess I sold mine 3 or 4 years ago, and this new one cost a little less than I sold the old one for.

I'm hoping it'll be great on the E-M1, in the meantime here are a couple of shots with the Pen.

Sim at the Cross Keys

Tree and Cloud

Brian Mosley

Hi Jono,

you should have no worries about the ZD 12-60 on the E-M1, it balances surprisingly well and performs easily on a par with the E-3 for focusing speed - i.e. fast and reliable.

Still, if you've ordered the kit with the mZD Pro 12-40 f2.8, I think that lens may become a favorite.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Mosley

Hi Godfrey,

when the shutter release button is half pressed, the focus peaking view clears and stabilisation occurs to steady the view. Releasing the button reactivates focus peaking until you switch it off with a function button.

Hope that helps

Brian

jonoslack

Hi Jono,

you should have no worries about the ZD 12-60 on the E-M1, it balances surprisingly well and performs easily on a par with the E-3 for focusing speed - i.e. fast and reliable.

Still, if you've ordered the kit with the mZD Pro 12-40 f2.8, I think that lens may become a favorite.

Cheers

Brian
Hi Brian
Thanks for that - I'm glad to hear about the AF (but not at all surprised, as it's one of the key lenses).

I'll see how I get on - I've ordered the camera in all three flavours (body only, +12-50, _12-40) - I'll buy the first one that turns up (not all of them!). I imagine it will either be body only, or with the 12-50 kit (I rather like it).

Then I'll see how the 12-60 goes.

all the best

Godfrey

when the shutter release button is half pressed, the focus peaking view clears and stabilisation occurs to steady the view. Releasing the button reactivates focus peaking until you switch it off with a function button. ...
Thanks for the detail, that sounds just about right.
Of course, the other choice is between exposure blinkies and focus peaking ... I can see where you might want peaking turned off when you're evaluating exposure as you cannot use both together.

Such a versatile (and complex) camera! So many ways to use it... Just finished reading the manual. The camera is quite a study..
Now just waiting for all the bits I ordered to get here.

Just for the amusement value:

E-M1 + ZD 11-22 plus grip plus VF-2

G

Brian Mosley

Lots of catching up to do... new workstation, colour management sorted - just need more time to get out and enjoy my new E-P5 + 17mm f1.8

The touch to focus/expose using the rear lcd is very effective in the field.

Cheers

Brian