The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The G1 with a 50 summicron....

Knorp

Thanks for the link Terry. Remarkable that the cron isn't much better than the kit-lens. I still have high hopes for my M-glass, hope to receive the Novoflex-adapter this week, as I found the results with my G1 and 14-45 lens so far quite disappointing :(

Am I spoiled ... :confused:

Kind regards.

Brian Mosley

I use legacy lenses for their superior bokeh and better dof control... So 35mm f2, 40mm f1.8, 50mm f1.4, 57mm f1.2 (classic portrait lens), 85mm f1.8, 135mm f2.5 are all very useful.

The ZD50mm f2 is also a classic lens, hopefully will be updated for m4/3rd CDAF in due course.

The ZD 11-22mm f2.8 and ZD 9-18 f4 are both the best route to wide angle on 4/3rds... With the ZD 7-14 f4 being the supreme option for UWA.

Hope that helps

Kind Regards

Brian

... hope to receive the Novoflex-adapter this week....
Hope I´m not hijacking the thread, but tried to ´phone Novoflex today, and got a recorded voice saying (in German) that the entire company was presently closed down for the Christmas holidays, and would reopen on January 6...

I´m on CameraQuest´s waiting list since Dec. 1, but I´ve heard nothing at all from them (and no new info on their site), so I guess I´m starting to get a bit impatient...:(

Terry

I emailed Steve Gandy a few weeks ago and heard back the end of January. I've seen some stuff posted for an early February date but not a hard fact. Steve is responsive if you email him.

Knorp

Hope I´m not hijacking the thread, but tried to ´phone Novoflex today, and got a recorded voice saying (in German) that the entire company was presently closed down for the Christmas holidays, and would reopen on January 6...

I´m on CameraQuest´s waiting list since Dec. 1, but I´ve heard nothing at all from them (and no new info on their site), so I guess I´m starting to get a bit impatient...:(
Per,
I ordered my adapter from Foto Mundus they stated that the adapter should be delivered between Christmas and New Year.
"Auslieferung erfolgt , wenn Sie JETZT ordern, zwischen Weihnachten und Neujahr"
Of course it doesn't mention what year ... :banghead:
Just have to wait and see and in the meanwhile practice a little patience ... :scry:

All the best.