The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GX7, the Swiss Army Camera?

hot

I think GX7 will be a good camera, price is okay - same class like NEX7.

Waiting till tomorrow :) Pana announcement - but nothing new.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Having very good experience with my G1 and the GX1 , GX7 is Not only on my wishlist top but on my buylist , absolutely first position . Can't wait to have that lady in my hands .

dhsimmonds

British dealer WEX is advertising the GX7 body only for pre-order at £819 (British Pounds) complete with leather case and a spare battery for delivery in September.

raist3d

It sure seems to be the camera that will replace many for you. I am waiting with great interest as a curiosity to see how their new Panasonic designed sensor scores- and see if it has any banding when pushed.

Big kudos for Panasonic to include an electronic shutter shooting mode- even with its limitations, it's priceless for street life.

- Ricardo

ggibson

Looks fantastic. Indeed, with all of the features it has, the GX7 certainly does seem like the swiss army camera. If the imaging performance is as good as the latest m4/3 cameras, I think my GF1 will finally be upgraded.

When can I get my hands on it?!? :D

Godfrey

This does look interesting to me too.

My interest in Micro-FourThirds was renewed when I picked up a used E-PL1 a few months ago as a vehicle for "entertaining lenses", and because I still have the glorious Olympus ZD 11-22/2.8-3.5 lens (my only remaining zoom, and my favorite zoom lens of all time) and the E-1 SLR (my favorite DSLR of all the ones I've had).

Since using the E-PL1 as a special purpose lens carrier, I've been thinking about where I want to go with this format. I handled the E-P5 recently and found it a tremendously improved camera over the E-P2 and much more likable to my hands than the E-M5. This new GX7 might edge it out, tho, as ergonomically it looks like a down-sized L1, a camera that I am still extremely fond of. It has the sensor cleaning, IBIS, and short mount for my "special" lenses, as well as could work with both my 11-22 and 35 Macro (my last dedicated FT lenses). The dual control dial system looks a lot like the E-1's too, pretty slick if they feel good.

I look forward to seeing one in person, and then I look forward to seeing the files when Lightroom supports processing the raw files.

G

ggibson

Kind of disappointing that Panasonic isn't releasing the 20mm kit or black version of the camera in the US. :-/

jonoslack

It looks fantastic
But . . . I think the $10,000 question is whether the sensor is as good as the Sony sensor in the OMD and the other new Olympus µ43 cameras. . . . . and whether the IBIS is as good as the Pen EP5 . . . If those are 'yes' then I'll be in the queue too.

all the best

Hosermage

IBIS with focus peaking.. I knew I kept the m4/3 to M adapter for a reason :) not active for video though.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
It looks fantastic
But . . . I think the $10,000 question is whether the sensor is as good as the Sony sensor in the OMD and the other new Olympus µ43 cameras. . . . . and whether the IBIS is as good as the Pen EP5 . . . If those are 'yes' then I'll be in the queue too.

all the best
... and the 42.5mm of course. You know you need it :ROTFL:

Godfrey

It looks fantastic

all the best
Yup. :)

G