The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

It's all YOUR fault!!!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Or rather this forum's fault :D

Went to Keeble and Shuchat today with my kids and came home with a G1, both zooms and an extra battery. Hope to get some images to post soon!

PS: I understand there is soon to be a C-Mount adapter? Some sweet old movie glass around if that is the case!

PPS: Went to do the firmware update, and FWIW when they say you need to have a fully-charged battery, they mean it. The update won't go unless the battery is full :thumbup:

back alley

congrats and enjoy!!

i am still waiting on my 45-200 and the m adapter, but the 14-45 is a sweet lens.

i also picked up an extra battery locally and got 20% off due to a sale.

joe

B

Bhakti-rider

Jack, what was their price? Amazon was offering them pretty cheap today...

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
Or rather this forum's fault :D

Went to Keeble and Shuchat today with my kids and came home with a G1, both zooms and an extra battery. Hope to get some images to post soon!

PS: I understand there is soon to be a C-Mount adapter? Some sweet old movie glass around if that is the case!

PPS: Went to do the firmware update, and FWIW when they say you need to have a fully-charged battery, they mean it. The update won't go unless the battery is full :thumbup:
rabenwolf has been selling some lens and adapters together on eBay. I suspect there will be more sources in the future. I'm kicking my self for not picking up a 16mm Bolex with four lenses that went for 135 dollars at an estate auction last September.

helenhill

Jack, i'm Confused
Is the G1 for one of the Girls or YOU .....

Congrats & Enjoy :cool:
It seems to be a Winner

best-H

cjlacz

I've barely been able to hold out buying one myself. I love playing with it in the store and I keep reading all the great reviews and comments from all of you. I'm going to have to stop reading the forums if I'm going to make it another month without getting one and some lenses.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jack, what was their price? Amazon was offering them pretty cheap today...
I'd have to check -- I think they matched B&H -- there was a lot of stuff on that invoice LOLOL! I like to do business with them because they are local and so nice to deal with. Plus I buy so much from them they always seem to take care good of me :)

C

cledry

They have been going for $600 all day long from some camera outfit in Canada that sells on eBay. That is the BuyIt Now price, when they have auctions some have been going for around the $450 to $475 mark!

Diane B

They have been going for $600 all day long from some camera outfit in Canada that sells on eBay. That is the BuyIt Now price, when they have auctions some have been going for around the $450 to $475 mark!
Its prodigital. Lots of people have been buying from them for the past couple of weeks and the prices have been really good on the auctions. Shipping is $$30 on the auctions--free shipping on the buy it now.

Diane

nostatic

I have to admit I'm tempted as well. I bought one for my g/f and she's been shooting with it since yesterday. It is quite an amazing little system. Now she wants the long lens as well. It seems to be a perfect "travel" setup. I love the articulated screen as I often frame shots that I can't see through a viewfinder.

I've had bad thoughts of selling my Pentax stuff, getting an a900 with a couple of Zeiss lenses along the the G1 for going light to go along with the DLux4. Then I'd have small/med/large covered. Arrghhh.....

jonoslack

I've had bad thoughts of selling my Pentax stuff, getting an a900 with a couple of Zeiss lenses along the the G1 for going light to go along with the DLux4. Then I'd have small/med/large covered. Arrghhh.....
Yep . . . . and I'm teetering on the brink of the DLux4 (already have the G1 and the a900 with the zeiss).

It makes a compelling trio, although, of course, you also need an M8 for party time!

M

marknorton

I received my Novoflex adapter yesterday, and it's been fun trying different M lenses on it.

The adapter is a little tight, might need the slightest smear of vaseline on it; you cannot change lenses with the adapter still on the camera because the button to release the lens can only be depressed when off the camera. I'm going to look at what's involved to fix it, but I hope John Milich's adapter will allow this.

As for lenses, the 50/1.4 and 75/2 are great short tele's; the 90/4 is a really handy 180/4 equivalent and can collapse.

The only lens I have which is a problem is the 50mm Elmar, cannot collapse, of course.

All the wide-angles, WATE through to 35/1.4, mount OK

When you see the puny "zoom" ratio of the WATE in Live View, you wonder why they bothered and didn't just go for a lower cost 16/4 or 18/2.8.

Focussing through the Nocti is great, sharper images than I ever get on the M8, you can really see the plane of focus moving through the subject field.

I do hope that Leica are trying this for themselves and realise that they need to come to this particular party. An M9 with the same focussing arrangements will be a case of "new bottle, same dreary old vintage".