The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

It's all YOUR fault!!!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Well it isn't working in ACR 5.2 from the Mac and I don't use LR...

Okay, got it working. For Mac, had to do the manual install then had to place the NEW CameraRaw plug-in file into the Library/ApplicationSupport/Adobe/plugins/file formats --- FWIW...

Best,

Diane B

I succumbed today too--only mine should be here next week. I've already processed some dled RAW files in LR 2.2 and printed up to 11 x 17, handled one about a week ago, so decided it was time.

Diane

andrewteee

Having now worked with the two kit lenses I'm craving more options native to the MFT format. I won't buy Leica lenses (I have none and don't see a reason to invest just for the G1) and I'm not ready to buy the FT adaptor to use with my Olympus lenses. I would love a fast prime and a macro lens.

Terry

Having now worked with the two kit lenses I'm craving more options native to the MFT format. I won't buy Leica lenses (I have none and don't see a reason to invest just for the G1) and I'm not ready to buy the FT adaptor to use with my Olympus lenses. I would love a fast prime and a macro lens.
Look into the Voigtlander lenses. They are inexpensive and are quite good.

The 35mm f2.5 color skopar is a great little lens which give you a nice 70mm for $229

If you want to go faster the 28mm f1.9 is about $444

http://www.cameraquest.com/inventor.htm

monza

Heck, there are so many lenses, not enough time. :) Some nice Canon FD gems go for nothing, buy them now before people find out they will work on the G1 and the price goes up.

Robert Campbell

I'm feeling a bit pressurised here; as a TOBY I couldn't get one in black, yet I have only seen the twin lens set in black. Are there twin lens sets in red [in the UK]?

cjlacz

I don't have one yet either, but it's getting harder to resist. I'm looking at the E-30 + lenses and I can't help but think I'm going the wrong direction.

Robert Campbell

I don't have one yet either, but it's getting harder to resist. I'm looking at the E-30 + lenses and I can't help but think I'm going the wrong direction.
I have the Oly 520 -- Jono made me get it -- but I find the dynamic range rather limited c/f the Canon 5D. Is the Pany G1 better than the Oly?

jonoslack

I have the Oly 520 -- Jono made me get it -- but I find the dynamic range rather limited c/f the Canon 5D. Is the Pany G1 better than the Oly?
WHAT?! Moi?:ROTFL:
Anyway, what's a TOBY?

I think the dynamic range on the G1 is better than the Oly 520, but there isn't a great deal in it.

Don't buy one Bertie - you know you'll regret it :lecture:
:ROTFL:

cjlacz

Haha, you are asking the wrong person. I think the dynamic range is pretty similar, but not much data on the E30 yet. Unlike most of you, I don't have an existing system built up. m4/3s pulling me one way, but lenses will take a long time to come out. The D90's dynamic range is SO appealing, but the size and weight of those lenses. I'm going to have to jump in with 4/3s, but I just hope I don't regret it later.

jonoslack

Haha, you are asking the wrong person. I think the dynamic range is pretty similar, but not much data on the E30 yet.
Hi Charles
as far as I can tell the sensor in the G1 is the same as in the E30 - so, a general improvement all around . . . but not by that much. Historically Olympus have applied a stronger AA filter on their versions of the sensors, so that may also be true of the E30.

Diane B

you are like a drug dealer. Someone call the camera police! :p
Yep LOL. I am going to hold fast on this though--not buying another lens until I shoot with the kit for a bit. I know I need faster, I know I would like something longer but not sure about the zoom. I don't shoot a lot over 90mm. I admit I've been looking at the Voigtlanders at Cameraquest, but I'm not going to jump in further until I'm sure I really do shoot with it a lot (I'm guessing I will LOL).

Diane

cjlacz

Hi Charles
as far as I can tell the sensor in the G1 is the same as in the E30 - so, a general improvement all around . . . but not by that much. Historically Olympus have applied a stronger AA filter on their versions of the sensors, so that may also be true of the E30.
Yeah, figured that was probably the case. I'm still waiting to see some good reviews on the E30, but everytime I read a thread here about the G1 it's getting harder to buy an E30. I wish I already had a system put together like most of you so I could sit back and wait a while longer.