The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 major nit...

A

Amon

Yes, you are right. After 4 frames, the wait time is frustrating. I was too much optimistic.

O

olyinaz

"..but I wonder if one of those Voightlander viewfinders that sits in the flash shoe would work well for framing.."

I just tried this with a 35mm Voightlander Kontur and also a Leica 50mm clip-on. Alignment is very good but the field of view is, of course, fixed.

The Kontur has a useful small black central spot which assists aiming.

Those are so small/light that I'd certainly want to give it a try!

Cheers,
Oly

Lili

Interesting, my Fuji Bridgecam, the S6000fd, has burst mode. Tried 'top 3' and it shot three very quickly, the LCD/EVF freezes with preview for each for about 1/10 sec. The image movement no longer flows but is staccato fashion. So we know it can be different. BTW this is one reason bridgecams are not ideal action cameras ;)

B

Bhakti-rider

Jack, if it doesn't go without saying that you would, if you learn anything from Panasonic about that viewfinder issue, please start a new thread to share that with other G1 owners...

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jack, if it doesn't go without saying that you would, if you learn anything from Panasonic about that viewfinder issue, please start a new thread to share that with other G1 owners...
I certainly will, but at present I have ZERO connections to anybody at Panasonic...

M

marknorton

The issue I think is that it's not possible for the camera to provide live view while a captured image is being read out of the sensor so that in continuous mode, less and less time is available to display the live-view image. Once you run out of buffer space, everything is gated by card write speed.

For single shot mode, switch off auto-review completely and the delay before you get the viewfinder back is quite short. Not D3 short, of course, but the body is, say, 1/10 of the price so what is it reasonable to expect?

Lili

The issue I think is that it's not possible for the camera to provide live view while a captured image is being read out of the sensor so that in continuous mode, less and less time is available to display the live-view image. Once you run out of buffer space, everything is gated by card write speed.

For single shot mode, switch off auto-review completely and the delay before you get the viewfinder back is quite short. Not D3 short, of course, but the body is, say, 1/10 of the price so what is it reasonable to expect?
What Mark said is sorta the point I was making with my post here about my Fuji, I suspect that due to the nature of the EVF/LCD, EVIL or Bridgecamera, this will be an issue with any/all of them. Of course in shooting video this does not happen, if the resolution gets good enough on the GHD perhaps a video capture might work well in these situations?

Last edited: