The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

OM-D E-M1 Shipment Notification

Godfrey

Was at the camera shop briefly today. They told me this first shipment of E-M1 cameras was quite unexpected, and they were sold out within hours. No HLD7s yet either. They've got a much larger stocking order for the next shipment, I think several dozen, and a long waiting list.

I'm still waiting for mine to ship. Sigh.

G

kweide

I got mine yesterday. And Yes, unexpected delivery, without hld-7. the dealer got 5 pieces, sold out in a second ....

jonoslack

I got mine this lunchtime - call from WEX and I was in there like a shot - it's sitting on the desk next to me . . . kit with the 12-50 - I don't know how many they had, but not many.

the most obvious thing is the size of the EVF - it seems huge (makes me think of the old Sony A900 with it's gorgeous viewfinder).

k-hawinkler

I have used the VF-4 for quite awhile on the OM-D E-M5.
It gives close to a 1.5x view. Can't go back once one has experienced that! :)

Knorp

I got mine this lunchtime - call from WEX and I was in there like a shot - it's sitting on the desk next to me . . . kit with the 12-50 - I don't know how many they had, but not many.

the most obvious thing is the size of the EVF - it seems huge (makes me think of the old Sony A900 with it's gorgeous viewfinder).
:rolleyes: . . . :worthless:

:p

Happy shooting, Jono - but I think I'm going to wait for that silver edition ...

V

Vivek

Early birds only get the worms? :eek:

There appears to be a few hundred $ cash back now. :)

Knorp

Early birds only get the worms? :eek:

There appears to be a few hundred $ cash back now. :)
For the early Dutch birds it appears the MMF-3 adapter can be had for free.
But I don't want that MMF-3 - I wanna have that HLD-7 for free ... :cussing: :banghead:

:cry: :eek:

Kind regards.

Godfrey

Hi Godfrey I guess it's Here
Ah. So this is how they're handling the fact that they don't have the 12-40s available yet, by offering a rebate rather than the kit price at present. That was the marked discount that buying a kit bundle was supposed to save you, when they offer it. Nothing new there.

I'm taking the rebate for the MMF-3. I only have the MMF-2, and I want the weather-sealed model for the 11-22 lens. That's a hundred and sixty dollars anyway. :)

G

V

Vivek

For the early Dutch birds it appears the MMF-3 adapter can be had for free.
But I don't want that MMF-3 - I wanna have that HLD-7 for free ... :cussing: :banghead:

:cry: :eek:

Kind regards.
Yeah, Bart. Gas is a lot cheaper here than in UK or elsewhere you know. :rolleyes:

Godfrey

Didn' t you say that you edit Olympus related stuff on Wikipedia? :shocked:
No, never. I edited one existing page on the E-M1, when it was first announced, to include the new previews as they were coming up, that's all.

G