The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

OM-D E-M1 Shipment Notification

k-hawinkler

Hmm, this is weird.
Olympus shipped the E-M1 and adapter and charged exactly for that including taxes.
Problem is in same order I had also included the battery grip HLD-7 but I never got it..
Interestingly enough in their online information the HLD-7 is listed as shipped and delivered.
No harm done.
Just have to order the grip again. :)

Godfrey

Hmm, this is weird.
Olympus shipped the E-M1 and adapter and charged exactly for that including taxes.
Problem is in same order I had also included the battery grip HLD-7 but I never got it..
Interestingly enough in their online information the HLD-7 is listed as shipped and delivered.
No harm done.
Just have to order the grip again. :)
I think I'd call them first ...

G

k-hawinkler

Re: OM-D E-M1 Images

Prescribed Burn in the Sangre de Cristos

Olympus OM-D E-M1 + Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 75-300mm f/4.8-6.7 II Lens

Got my HLD-7 grip today! :)

Godfrey

Last time I spoke with the local Olympus rep, he said the 12-40 would be available in early to middle November.

G

scott kirkpatrick

Or de-notification. I just got my second backorder notice from B&H, who originally thought they would arrive Oct 4. Amazon lists a few, some at inflated prices. I see that the "order from several brick-and-mortar stores" strategy seems to have worked for a few of us.

scott

Godfrey

I must be one of the ten people in the E-M1 audience who have no interest in the 12-40 mm lens. ;-)

G

jonoslack

I must be one of the ten people in the E-M1 audience who have no interest in the 12-40 mm lens. ;-)

G
One in 50 I'd say Godfrey.
But in the meantime (and until Apple support the ORF files) 12-60 files converted to DNG for Aperture are a good substitute.

all the best

scott kirkpatrick

G
One in 50 I'd say Godfrey.
Actually, now there are two of us. When I had an E-1, I used the 11-22 much more than the 14-54, or whatever was the mainstream zoom, and the 50/2.0 macro more than the zoom at its long end. Now that B&H has :D sent me a note confirming shipment of my E-M1, I'll have a solid old 11-22 for whenever I want to look like a professional shooter, and Olympus' modern M43 45/1.8, and 75/1.8 for faces and the like. No pictures until I meet it in CA in a few weeks, but I'll take several lenses with me.

BTW, B&H still lists the E-M1 as back-ordered, so they must be receiving only a trickle. My order went in back in September.

scott

mazor

k-hawinkler, nice one, I guess you can do some continuous AF tests with this lens and tell us whether the 12-40 focus better than other m43 lens.

mazor

yippee, my free redemption HLD-7 finally arrived today!! Fantastic build quality, and maintains the excellent weather proof sealing.

The whole camera feels more balanced and easier to stabilize. Prolonged use of the portrait grip is very comfortable and with the replicated twin dials on the portrait grip gives access to essential controls. Additional programmable function buttons on the grip means even more direct access options to commonly accessed features.