The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus E-M1

gib48189

Snow and more snow-

Been snowing since yesterday, going to get 12" on top of the 10" we already have. This was mid-afternoon today, with the heaviest snowfall yet to come-

Godfrey

I'd moved to Southern California in March 1979 to attend school at UC Riverside. Never liked the place. My friends in New York had shipped my old Ducati 750GT out to me. Once school let out, I gathered up everything I owned, shipped what I couldn't carry to a safe haven, and jumped on the old Duc never to return to Riverside to live..

Ektachrome 64 Slide captured with
Olympus E-M1 + ZD 35mm Macro + Nikon ES-1 Slide Holder

This is a photo of the Ducati and my traveling companion, Gerard the Giraffe, east of Barstow, stopped by the side of I-15 heading to Zion National Park, due south of Death Valley.

I didn't notice that I'd assembled the front fender backwards until I changed tires in New York several weeks later...

FYI: I don't remember what camera I was using on the trip. The ZD Macro + Nikon ES-1 slide stage with the E-M1 makes an 11Mpixel image of the 35mm slide.

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.

etrigan63

More from the holiday trip:

Gatlinburg, TN

Congress St. Savannah, GA

John Wesley

Sibling Shenanigans

Illuminated Foot Bridge

Falls near Sugarland Visitor Center, Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Great Smoky Mountains

First Snow

Godfrey

On the morning of Christmas Eve 2013, I met up with a couple of friends just after sunrise to photograph in the Stanford University Quad. We wandered the Quad area for an hour and some. I used the Olympus E-M1 and a three lens kit—Summilux 25mm, Macro-Elmarit 45mm, Lumix 14mm + wide converter (10.5mm).

Olympus E-M1 + 14mm + wide converter

It was a free-form photo shoot without a project in mind, basically enjoying the light and looking at what was there in a small area around the Quad. I made 230 some exposures ... I've distilled that down to eighteen that I feel work together as a set. Please have a look at the Flickr set linked below and let me know what you think.

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.

Last edited:

kweide

Galactic Heroes, Sir Fur The leader
Requested by the kids, animated by the fantastic stories of the Galactic Heroes, the wanted to see a proof
a proof of existence. Their arguments so clean and direct: "You can do photos, so give us a real photo of them"
Well, i did it and presented the leader of the Galactic Heroes: Sir Fur. The fighter for justice and freedom :)

Olympus EM-1 + Zuiko 12-60,noNR
ISO 200 @ f3.5, 1/200 second, some focal length...​

Godfrey

I've returned to working on the photos I made in heavy fog on the morning of New Years Eve with the E-M1 and ZD 11-22.

Olympus E-M1 + ZD 11-22mm f/2.8-3.5
ISO 1600 @ f/3 @ 1/4000 @ 14mm fl

Enjoy, and thanks for looking!

etrigan63

While on my evening stroll, I decided to try out one of the more whizzy features of the E-M1: SmartPhone Remote Control via WiFi. All I have to say is this: don't let anyone snow you into buying a remote trigger for this camera! They all pale in comparison to the Remote Control software for iOS and Android!

To wit:

10s f/8 @ ISO 100
Jpeg image transferred to iPhone 5 and edited in Snapseed. Then uploaded to Flickr.

Same image from RAW file via Lightroom 5 + Topaz Adjust.

Since I didn't bring a tripod (silly me), I set my sling bag on the side of the fountain and once I was sure that the camera wasn't going for a swim or a swan dive to the pavement, I enabled WiFi on the camera and linked in with my iPhone 5. I dialed in the camera settings and touched the image on where I wanted the point of focus. I then touched the shutter release on the phone and presto! 10s image with zero camera shake and no tripod!

I also snagged these shots the regular way:

monk

The Tawny Frogmouth! A pair has taken up residence outside my cabin in Mudgeeraba, Queensland. EM1 with the Lumix 100-300 zoom on a tripod.

Last edited:

monk

Not a Muppet! But a feathered football. Actually, a Tawny Frogmouth, which name I love to say. RAW image processed in PhotoNinja. Seems to be rendering my ORFs with more detail than LR5. Olympus OMD EM1 Lumix 100-300mm.