The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus E-M1

scott kirkpatrick

Took a walk in a nice quiet valley below the highway leading up to Jerusalem. It is getting very crowded. A bike path, a 9-11 memorial, organic farms, a railway that tunnels through hills and leaps above the valley, and above it all a giant multistory necropolis...

OM-D E-M1 with Zuiko 11-22. AF working fast and reliably.

scott

mazor

out and about with my E-M1 and a borrowed panasonic 100-300

quite impressed with the performance of this lens on the E-M1 would the oly 75-300 do any better?

ptomsu

Workshop Member
out and about with my E-M1 and a borrowed panasonic 100-300

quite impressed with the performance of this lens on the E-M1 would the oly 75-300 do any better?
I have the 75-300 II now since 4 months and I am NOT IMPRESSED by its performance around the long tele end. Even if stopped down this performance does not really improve. The results always look a bit unsharp. First I thought it is out of focus, but using MF and carefully focusing does not improve anything. I would say till around 200 it is ok, but then why do I have this lens - actually to shoot it more in the range from 200 - 300!

So maybe this lens is a bad copy, I don't know, definitely it will have to go. Not sure if I should give the Panasonic 100-300 a try.

Godfrey

A Happy Post-St. Paddy's Day to y'all!

Olympus E-M1 + Macro-Elmarit-DG 45mm f/2.8 ASPH OIS

Enjoy!

Elderly

Tea-break discussion for wife & grandson during the course of creating Kitchen chaos;
"Should he change that Olympus he's taking a photo of us with for a Fuji, or even contemplate a Sony?"

Last edited:

JMaher

While everyone is talking about the A7s here is a picture from the forgotten EM-1 and the 12-40.

Jim

Elderly

A couple of images from a rainy Newcastle yesterday;
I'm very glad that my EM-1 is Northern England weather resistant.

Godfrey

While everyone is talking about the A7s here is a picture from the forgotten EM-1 and the 12-40.
nice!

Haven't forgotten my E-M1 at all. I use it quite a lot ... lately, to take a lot of photos of my A7 kit. ]'-)

Really, though, it's a terrific camera in its own right and I have been using it steadily while I've been exploring and learning the A7 and Leica R lenses. The two systems are so different, and so good, that they're both staying in my kit.

G

Godfrey

A couple of images from a rainy Newcastle yesterday;
I'm very glad that my EM-1 is Northern England weather resistant.

Really like this one!

It's been years since I was up*to that corner of your country. Not this year, but maybe next ...

G

Elderly

Thanks Godfrey - scarily it's 20 years since I was last in Newcastle.
I couldn't believe how grey it was yesterday ...... that image is full colour!

jonoslack

Hi There
Well, it's been a long trek, but I'm back!
Lots of great pictures here - and I'm adding a few average ones just to prove that point!

Fancy a cuddle?

Sea Bream for tea

A different fern (Osmunda?)

Springtime

Echo considers her next attack

Massimo Foti

I recently acquired an E-M1 to supplement my great, but heavy Canon kit. I was in Zurich for business, a case where I would never carry my Canon stuff, but the Oly is small and light enough fit inside by backpack.

No tripod here, only handheld, the IBIS works wonder in such cases. Lens was a mix of Oly 12-40 f/2.8 and Oly 17 f/1.8