The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus E-M1

scott kirkpatrick

In the hills around Jerusalem

2000 years of agricultural improvements:

This one they have only been working on for about five years, and it will take five more:

it connects up with this:

scott

k-hawinkler

Re: In the hills around Jerusalem

Scott,

Thanks for the great images.
The first one seems timeless.
Why does it take that long to finish the bridge?

scott kirkpatrick

Re: In the hills around Jerusalem

Scott,

Thanks for the great images.
The first one seems timeless.
Why does it take that long to finish the bridge?
Well, maybe I am being conservative, but it's pretty finicky work. They are also doing about 10 km of tunnels. The part that is highest in the air has taken 2-3 years to get about half of the uphill roadbed connected. Before that there was some considerable time spent just preparing foundations for all the towers. And there is politics...

scott

mazor

wow, nice construction images. Like the use of safety nets in the construction risk areas.

Here is a shot I took a while back in China from a moving train with my mobile phone, unfortunately I did not have an E-M1 yet. Suspect Em1 had not been released yet.

scott kirkpatrick

wow, nice construction images. Like the use of safety nets in the construction risk areas.

Here is a shot I took a while back in China from a moving train with my mobile phone...,
Wow, no nets! You'll notice that our nets all have stuff in them that has fallen. I had a long discussion on another forum around some Israeli construction pictures. People with US experience were horrified at our flimsy scaffolding. I bet the Chinese get things done fast, though.

scott

Elderly

have not seen much on this thread for a while, maybe most E-m1 users have migrated to E-M5ii s
I, without thought have been posting EM1 images on the OMD thread :facesmack:.
So here's one to redress the balance:

"Boys at play"

mazor

Oly 50-200 power cropped and processed in camera to closer! I think the 300mm f4.0 with the prescribed telelconverter would be most welcome here.

I call this Modern/Nature/Religion

Elderly

Popped into The Photographers' Gallery in London today to see the Saul Leiter exhibition;
there were a number of wonderful colour photographs, but I didn't like the way that the majority of the black and whites were hung, they were very small prints (see bottom left of my photo) and mainly grouped closely in sixes, which meant that you had to get up very close for quite some time to view a group, during which time nobody else could get a look in.
In the basement was another exhibition; Wolf Suschitzky's London.
Evocative images of London in the 30's & 40's - I wished that the Leiter had been curated as well as this was.

Last edited: