The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus E-M1

etrigan63

Great shot Carlos!

How do you like the EM1m2 so far?

I am on the fence to get one .... some input needed ;)

Peter
Thanks Peter. The E-M1.2 has quickly become my workhorse camera. I have almost completely sold off my Sony gear. File size is big enough for the sizes I normally print, and there is hi-res mode for those big shots. The lack of DoF due to sensor size is mitigated nicely through lens choice. I shoot portraits with the 75mm f/1.8 wide open which in FF would require me to stop down a bit to get the whole face in focus. The silent mode is amazing. I am about to go and show this to the Creative Director of the Adrienne Arsht Center to see if I can be freed from that horrible photo booth of theirs (which required the use of a 300mm lens and has smoked glass just to make things worse). ISO noise is acceptable to me.

Elderly

Ian thanks. This hilarious shot for sure is a classic. Curves all around, including the slightly curved selfie stick! :LOL:
Thanks K-H, I couldn't have captured it without the instant added reach of the 12-100mm; there would not have been time to have changed lenses from my ex12-40mm (or indeed a PL 12-60mm which in future could have been be my alternative everyday carry) to my monster 40-150mm.

scott kirkpatrick

Worth a look. Ming Thien's annual visit to a bizarre Tamil Hindu festival that is held just outside of Kuala Lumpur. He was accompanied by two cinematographers using E-M1 mark IIs, recording Cinema 4K (the wider form) at 24P to the cards in the cameras, in order to make a video showing off Ming and his Hasselblad 100 MP. The result ends up showing how impressive the video capabilities of this camera are. There are frequent opportunities to compare full frame Hasselblad shots (rendered in 4K) with m1.2 freeze frames, and m1 comes off really well. Take a look at the vimeo link, https://vimeo.com/206415629 and click on the HD in lower right corner to see the 4K version, before you start it playing.