The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

EM-1 Trying to Control my Spending

Brian Mosley

Godfrey, if I was looking to buy a classic 4/3rds lens to suit both the E-1 and m4/3rds, it would be the PL 14-150mm with OIS

Can you still find them?

Cheers

Brian

mazor

lucky for me I was pondering over a well priced excellent condition oly 60mm f2.8 maacro m43 lens. I took long enough to ponder and the lens was sold to another buyer.

For me i already have a oly OM 50mm f3.5 macro half life size lens. The 60mm has life size advantage and autofocus, but for now the OM will have to suffice.

Godfrey

Godfrey, if I was looking to buy a classic 4/3rds lens to suit both the E-1 and m4/3rds, it would be the PL 14-150mm with OIS

Can you still find them?
There are a few around, yes, and it is a good lens. But too slow for my interest, and it doesn't have the tripod mount.

As I've said before, I don't really like or use zooms that much. I like them at the ends of the focal length range, where I use the extremes infrequently. So my E-1 system is 11-22, 25, 35, and 50-200 now. My E-M1 system adds to that with 14, 25, and 45 primes. Both are added to with Leica-R 50, 90, 135, and 180 mm primes, and Micro-Nikkor 55 and 105 mm.

Whew, that's already a whole bunch of lenses. =8^O

G

etrigan63

My current lens plans for the E-M1 are:

OM Zuiko 50mm f/1.4 for portraits.
m.zuiko 17mm f/1.8 for walkabout.
m.zuiko 40-150mm f/4-5.6 ED R for sailing club and day sports.
m.zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO for ballet/dance recitals.

I currently have the 50mm and the 40-150mm f/4-5.6 is inbound. I am ordering the 17mm tomorrow and the second 40-150mm will be next year. Somewhere in between I will get the E-M1 (waiting for some eBay auctions to finish - anyone interested in a like new Strobel Folding Guitar?)

mazor

etrigan63 do you already have the OM zuiko 50mm f1.4 lens? If not you can also consider the Oly penf 40mm f1.4. It is only slightly smaller focal length but image quality is impressive, but most important is the lens is tiny!

etrigan63

Thanks for the tip Mazor, but I already have the 50mm with an adapter. The 40mm looks impressive but I can only get it attached to a Pen F camera at the moment.