The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lenses for the G1

woodyspedden

Last night I was all over the B&H site looking for the 45-200 lens for the G1. Nowhere to be found or I am just dumb when it comes to searching.

Can anyone help with regard to locating this lens? Also is there a new lens coming for the G1. I think I remember on one of these threads a mention of a 7 to something lens.

Thanks for any help

Woody

Diane B

I had the same problem with B & H--never could find it. 17th St. had it but it is now backordered. There are some other places to find it--but one would think B & H would be carrying it--I tried multiple ways of searching for it there.

There is a 7-14 f/4 supposed to be available in 2009 as well as a 20 f/1.7 (which is the one I'm most interested in). Oh, and there is a 14-150 (??) available which most likely will appear when the G1HD appears since it is being developed for that camera with video.

Diane

andrewteee

To my knowledge B&H will list items only if they are sure to be able to get product. I found my 45-200mm at a local camera store. Nice lens. Now if only Panasonic would hurry along the other lenses...

F

formula4speed

Has there been any official word on when the 20mm f/1.7 should start shipping? Would love to get my hands on one of those.

Diane B

I would add that it appearss that Wolf/Ritz has it at a number of stores. I should have mentioned that. I saw 2 on the shelf at the Charlotte, NC store when I handled the G1 there. I'm contemplating not buying it after all---I rarely shoot over 90mm so I'm going to wait and see how often I'll feel I missed something by not having it. I'm really much more interested in the 20 f/1.7 also---but, to answer forumla4speed's query---I don't think anyone knows except some Panasonic folks. The sooner the better to suit me.

Diane

woodyspedden

Thanks to all for helping me. This forum is just wonderful.Everyone knows something and some know everything and they are all willing to help

Best to all

Woody