The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hello Olympus

Tim

Just read the above and realised just how an Aussie might read it!!

"trust the b****y wingeing Poms to find something wrong with this excellent little camera"! :wtf:
Hehe, I am an Aussie but I've recently researched my ancestry and have a large number of Pom ancestors across the eons as does my wife, so I won't be complaining.

I would like to see a few things. Although I am not a big video guy I feel the EM5 is tied down with lack of clean HDMI output and with limited modes.

IF a clean uncompressed HDMI was offered for hard drive recording this combined with the in body optical stabilization would have the video crowd flock to the EM5. Some say the IBIS in the EM5 is so good it almost negates needing a steadycam rig. A 24p and some 30p/60p modes would be enough. I bet its all in there just needs the FW to turn it on.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
GIVE US FOCUS PEAKING ON OMD EM5
Somehow, that doesn't seem to be as straightforward as people seem to think. Panasonic "promised" to look into it after it became apparent that there was a need for it on the GH3 (during an interview with some top development guy in connection with the launch), but nothing has appeared so far.

Brian Mosley

Possibly - although I'm sure a solution could be tailored to the resources (processor speed, RAM etc) to bring focus peaking to the E-M5.

I agree though, it's more likely to continue improving following the E-M1 in the E-M5 successor.

As we know, bodies continue to advance in features and performance due to advances in processing (lens design) electronics, manufacture and materials (nano technology) - I'm just keen that we have reasonable firmware support for the hardware we buy.

It's why we have a number of nexus devices in our household - ongoing upgrades are a big factor.

Cheers

Brian

I would be happy if they just included a proper hood (please make it reversible) and pouch with every lens you buy from them, and it would be really nice if the hood (that you have to buy separately) and lens body were available in the same color.

woodyspedden

Somehow, that doesn't seem to be as straightforward as people seem to think. Panasonic "promised" to look into it after it became apparent that there was a need for it on the GH3 (during an interview with some top developmentrobably knows guy in connection with the launch), but nothing has appeared so far.
As everyone probably knows, manual focus has been one of the weaknesses of the Fuji X system. The software upgrade for both the X100 and the XPro1 includes focus peaking to improve this feature. So it can be done retrospectively although it may be more difficult on some cameras than others