The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fantastic shutter of the EM1

mmbma

Saw and tested the EM1 thoroughly today at the PhotoPlus. Together with the new F2.8 zoom.

The camera defintely felt pretty big in the hand, I had a EM5 next to it to compare, and the camera is about 2mm bigger in each dimension.

I tested the AF extensively, and I am confident to say that it is NO DIFFERENT from the EM5 when you take still photos. I tested this in Olympus‘ low light demonstration corner. both cameras locked on pretty quickly to a variety of low light subjects, no difference in speed.

The most striking difference to me was the shutter. Both cameras were set on high speed shooting, 10fps and 9fps respectively. the EM1's shutter was so smooth and quiet that it made shooting continiously a joy. The EM5's was loud and heavy (significant shake in between shots from the shutter that made images blurry). This is no longer an issue for the EM1.

That turned out to be the biggest seller for me. I thought it would be the EVF or the faster AF, but both turned out not to be revolutionary for me.

Knorp

Both sound like machine guns to my ears ... :D
But there's definitely a difference.

Kind regards.