The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fujinon TV 50mm f/1,4

burdickjp

I have a Fujinon TV 50/1,4 that I'd like to modify for closer focusing. I know these lenses are popular for modification, and was hoping someone may have trod down this path previously. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

I apologize if I've posted this in the wrong place. If I have, would a moderator kindly move it?

Pat Donnelly

Modification is not necessary?

Spacers, at various lengths, are available on eBay. They are usually 5mm at $1 or so, from China. They go between the camera and the lens. As the lens goes away from the sensor, the focal range gets closer and closer. For very high magnification, reversing the lens may be desirable.

This lens is not terribly good at macro work, but any lens will do. Enlarger lenses are the cheapest best option?

This lens is ideal for portrait work on NEX or m4/3.

ekoe

I can do that for you, Jeffrey... but there's only about 5 or 6 inches of focus available before you approach the shoulder of the helical. If you need anything more than that, it's best to loosen the lens on the c-mount thread or use a spacing ring, as suggested above.