The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GH4K

hot

GH4K

- 16,05 Megapixel sensor. It’s a new sensor with semi-conductor protection tech to reduce noise and improved dynamic range.
- quad core processor and venus Engine
- ISO up to 25,600.
- 12fps, 7,5 fps with continuous focusing
- GH4 uses the new UHS I class III SD card format
- Depth From Defocusing (uses Panasonic lens database to fine tune AF!)
- AF as fast as 0.07 seconds. 49 AF points.
- 4K video at 4096×2160 pixels and max frame rate of 96fps.
- Bit rate of up to 200Mbp

cmcmillan

I had just seen this morning on 43rumors. I'm more excited about this as an actual 4K video camera than as a stills camera. I may pickup a (hopefully discounted GH3) as my Micro 4/3 stills camera.

It will be incredible since this camera can do 4K 96fps, if it can do 1080p at 120fps or higher.

Having proper audio will make this easier to use when shooting things with proper microphones being used. Also, the hopefully true SDI output will be great when shooting in studio with a large monitor.

Now I just need to figure out if I want to stay as a Nikon FX/DX shooter when I need the speed and low light. And a Micro 4/3 shooter for Infrared and personal shooting and video. I'm still really tempted by the Fuji T-X1 for personal stills shooting.

Chris

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Now I just need to figure out if I want to stay as a Nikon FX/DX shooter when I need the speed and low light. And a Micro 4/3 shooter for Infrared and personal shooting and video. I'm still really tempted by the Fuji T-X1 for personal stills shooting.

Chris
GH4 when ultimate video is required and X-T1 for ultimate photography seems like a great combination, and is probably the way I am going. The GH4 seems interesting enough, but apparently lacking IBIS and PD AF. That means my GH3 will continue its duty for me.

hot

Hehe, I'll (perhaaaaaps) buy a GH4 :) But without sound unit ...
I've a 4K display & a 11x11 cm PC playing 4K (Intel NUC), soon a 4K 28.3" monitor Lenovo - now I'm producing 4K videos with Samsung Note3

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The key question is how fast the viewfinder returns to live view after photos have been taken, but since I already own the GH3, this seems like a no-brainer.

Annna T

This is too funny:

Panasonic Pre-Infuriates Old Codgers with Lumix GH4 | New Camera News

Worst of all: I'm one of those old codgers myself, and love the old stuff more than anything. But a great tool is a great tool, and although I have no warm feelings for my Panasonic cameras, they are some of the greatest tools I have used ever. I'm rather sure there's a GH4 somewhere in my future :)
LOL ! There are some other good pieces in this website, thanks for the link.

hot

GH4 seems to be a nice camera, of course not GX7 size :-(.
I am glad not to use/buy the additional sound brick - more expensive than GH4.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
The GH4 really looks tempting for me! Interesting to see for what price it becomes available in Austria .....

Would like to test it with the 100-300, as I need a good telephoto combo anyway for wildlife. So hopefully AF is up to speed and better than the AF in all the current Fuji cameras including the "worlds fastest AF" of the XT1 which is still not so great for tracking .....

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
The codec for 720p/30 video is still 10Mbps (which is all any products that are designed for the web needs, realistically); my question is: what does this Panny offer over the GH3 (or G6, for that matter?). Stills performance will be VERY similar, IMHO.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The codec for 720p/30 video is still 10Mbps (which is all any products that are designed for the web needs, realistically); my question is: what does this Panny offer over the GH3 (or G6, for that matter?). Stills performance will be VERY similar, IMHO.
The faster processing means a more responsive camera also for stills and better video quality for HD if you use the right codec. I won't upgrade from the GH3 overnight, but if I need a more capable second body, this camera is a given alternative.