The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Two new lenses coming in 2015

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Both great lenses, I definitely will get the 7-14.

I have no doubt the 4/300 will be excellent, but I would have preferred a same quality zoom - say 100-300, as it is much more versatile in the field for wildlife.

Knorp

Well, no panic - they will be released as early as next year - plenty of time to save up your pennies ... :sleep006:

cmcmillan

Yes, I figure that the 7-14mm 2.8 will probably be at least $1,299 or so. I think the 7-14mm Panasonic was $999 ish when it launched.

There have been a few times using older Micro 4/3 cameras that I wished for an extra stop of light when using the Panasonic 7-14mm indoors or at night. I figure when I get a GX7, I may not be as worried about high ISO shooting.

I may pickup an Olympus 7-14mm when it comes out depending on the price. If it's low enough, it may just become an impulse buy. :)

Chris