The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Petition for Sigma micro 4/3

NamSsurt

Best way to get them to produce more M.F.T. lenses is to buy one of the models they already have. I just bought their 19mm. Supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I would rather see an m4/3 version of the 18-35mm f/1.8 with built in focal reducer, making it a 14-26mm f/1.2 :D

silver92b

Even though I think this is a hard one, I've been praying for this for years. Someone has started a petition for Sigma to create a micro 4/3 camera. You may pitch in here https://www.change.org/petitions/si...ess-camera-for-the-micro-four-thirds-standard
Want a m4/3rds Foveon ...
I have seen these sentiments expressed before, and I'm not criticizing or anything. But, I wonder why such a camera? The DP*-M cameras have the Foveon sensor already which is a larger sensor than the M43... The cameras already exist and the matched lenses are quite good.
I wonder what would be the benefit of a Sigma Merrill camera with a smaller sensor? Also, the Sigma cameras have fixed lenses and even if they made them with interchangeable lenses, they would probably make them to their lens mount....

I would rather see an m4/3 version of the 18-35mm f/1.8 with built in focal reducer, making it a 14-26mm f/1.2 :D
This is something that I would like to see as well, more options of excellent lenses for the M43 cameras.

I would rather see a great digital range finder camera like the Epson R-D1 with the Foveon sensor. Now that, would be a winner.... Something for Leica to compete against.
This, with the Foveon sensor

Craftysnapper

I doubt they will simply because they are in the lens business, also they do not make MFT lenses but rather APS-C lenses with a four thirds lens mount which saves them money producing both and explains why there 19mm f2.8 is bigger than the Olympus 17mm f1.8 or 20mm f1.7 Panasonic even though the latter have wider apertures.