Hi, I have an E-M1 in my hands now, sold the GH3 a week ago, picked up the Olympus with a battery grip and spare battery.
I have some questions... 24hrs and 200 shots after the purchase, I have reached some problem spots that are causing frustration.
Trying not to compare niggly little issues like the positioning of the power switch??? I have some that hopefully a long term user has answers for.
1. Mysets....yes, they kind of work the way I want, but is there any way to assign the 4 of them to ONE button so you can cycle through them without using 3 or more buttons, or resorting to the menu to select them? And NO, I do not want to give up the mode selections for this.
2. The Menu system, other than the Super control panel, is there a way to get the regular menu on the EVF? eg, when you have to select from the 4 Mysets, you do not seem to be able to use the viewfinder to show the normal menu list, it closes the EVF and opens the Live View Panel. Taking the view from the viewfinder to the live view screen... not good in bright light.
3. Is there a way to configure the Super Control Panel? ie. add or remove options? Would be nice to be able to do this, but I cannot seem to find a way, it is fixed.
4. Focusing on the E-M1 compared to the GH3 seems much slower, is it the Lumix lenses that I have causing this? There seems to be quite a bit of hunting, a problem the GH3 or GX7 does not have on the 12-35mm etc.
5. As I have been spending quite a bit of time learning and finding the menu and setup options... what a PITA to open the menu, go thru several levels, then tilt the camera too close to the viewfinder, only find that the EVF closes the menu when it takes over from the back panel view... other than turning the auto sense off, that is a strange issue to have happen.
So far the feel is good, images are good, stabilizer seems on par with the OIS, but I have some reservations like just described, hope I can work through them.