The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic Lenses

Hi,
My GH4 arrives tomorrow. I haven't done much research on the Pani lenses. Can someone that has used them please give me some feedback? I'm actually looking for one of their zooms to shoot furniture that's lit. So shooting at 5.6 isn't an issue. I was wondering about the distortion though. I'm not looking for the absolute best quality for this specific use. Was looking at the 14-45 or 14-140 lenses. Will go check out a bunch of them at B&H later. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Will obviously get other higher quality lenses as well for higher end shoots.

Thanks!
Josh

f6cvalkyrie

Hi, I have and use a 14-45mm from the first generation of G1 that became available. I'm quite happy with it. Not the fastest lens, but sharp enough for me, and light. On a Panasonic body, lens corrections are integrated in the RAW file, so nothing to worry about if you are using Lightroom or Adobe Camera RAW (and maybe other software)

C U,
Rafael

Thanks,
I went with the 12-35 2.8 because the older 3.5 aperture lens apparently has been discontinued and B&H had the 2.8 on sale for $997.