The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic 42.5mm f1.2 lens experiences?

mazor

Same as Knorp, I use the Nocticron on my E-m1 exclusively with IBIS for stills. For video it depends on my mood as both IBIS and OIS behave differently so it is more scene dependent.

k-hawinkler

Same as Knorp, I use the Nocticron on my E-m1 exclusively with IBIS for stills. For video it depends on my mood as both IBIS and OIS behave differently so it is more scene dependent.
Thanks. Could you please elaborate on the difference? TIA.

mazor

the most obvious difference is most noticeable when fast panning. I find panning with IBIS very fluid but when trying to pan quickly there can be a slight lag as the IBIS trys to compensate for the initial pan movement. With OIS, it seems to respond better if fast panning is required. Also, the IBIS in a quite room is audible in recordings, whereas OIS seems to be inaudible.

Obviously the pros of OIS dos not come without some cons. The con is that the optical stabilizer is not where as effective when you want to simulate dolly pan, and does not feel as damped as IBIS.