The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Interesting wide for G1

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
I've used the Peleng 8mm fisheye on my 5D and 20D and found it to be an interesting lens. It looks like one in an M42 mount might be even more interesting on a G1. I was rather shocked at the price now. I paid US$165 for mine on eBay 4 years ago.

O

olyinaz

I tried one on my E-500 a few years back and wasn't terribly pleased with it. I actually gave it to a friend after I got the ZD 8mm fisheye. I realize that cost is an issue with just about everyone these days and I wouldn't discourage bargain hunting but I honestly feel like we've got many other/better options available to us.

Just me talkin'! I do know that some other folks have generated some pleasing images with it.

Best,
Oly