The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Olympus E-M5 firmware updates - question

jonoslack

HI There
I can't find the answer to this - did they ever do the firmware update with focus peaking?
. . . . or not?

all the best

Bill Gordon

That information is rather stale don't you think (Jan '14)? It would appear that Oly has forgotten about updates!!

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I tried the fake peaking mode in the EM5 and IMHO this is just for nothing. What they really need is peaking implemented as in the EM1, which really works superb. Especially in the manual override mode of AF!

les

After all this time 'I hae ma doots'' that we'll see a firmware update that will bring focus peaking. There have been appeals for this for a long time now - so how about it Oly? give us a Fathers Day surprise announcing that it's on the way.
Ever the optimist.....