The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

EM1 v2.0 firmware update

Knorp

C'mon guys, it's available for download now !
But who's first ?

[ Caution ]

When the firmware is updated to version 2.0, settings other than AF Focus adjustments are reset.
Kind regards.

Knorp

I'm still in Hawaii, will be home late tonight. Will likely load it tomorrow.

G
What on earth are you doing in Hawaii ?
:worthless:

Anyway, beat you to it: just loaded 2.0, now I've to set up my camera once again ... grrrr

All the very best.

k-hawinkler

What on earth are you doing in Hawaii ?

Anyway, beat you to it: just loaded 2.0, now I've to set up my camera once again ... grrrr

All the very best.

Thanks Bart. I agree with

:D

My E-M1 is now on versus 2.0 as well. ;)

Last edited:

G43

... Judt back home. Will do the update tomorrow...
I did it this morning and while I did not shoot anything yet, I cursed having to set everything from the beginning. My EM1 is tweaked to the utmost for ETTR.

:mad::D:angel::salute: ;):clap:

silver92b

Just updated mine. I need to reset my settings, but that's no big deal. I can never remember all those things anyway LOL!

G43

Cool Godfrey...

Even most people would claim I am senile, I can remember my settings a good as I remember my name :)

G43

I know.. :) Here it took honestly 5 minutes..

However... the EM1 is the boiled down servant of the person owning it. Do you have the vision.. the camera responds to it.

Paratom

Hi,
is there anywhere a description about the 4k video features or even anybody commenting about it?
Since I use this camera also underwater it would be a big big plus for me.

Godfrey

Hi,
is there anywhere a description about the 4k video features or even anybody commenting about it?
I see no information in the firmware v2.0 update notes about 4K video capture.

G

Elderly

Updated and reinstated my personal preferences but I've not yet reassigned 'My Sets'.

I'm dubious of the value of the 'Keystone' setting; if you want/need to get your verticals vertical, I would prefer to get any final corrections done in post.

I wonder if there were any 'silent' updates or bug fixes included that we've not been told about?

Last edited:

G43

Hi,
I've heard the 4K video is for another FW upgrade.

G43

I wonder if there were any 'silent' updates or bug fixes included that we've not been told about?
I've noticed one: The specific EFC anti shock shutter setting is gone. Probably because there's no option left anymore to deselect it.

Elderly

I've noticed one: The specific EFC anti shock shutter setting is gone. Probably because there's no option left anymore to deselect it.
Hmmmmmmmmmm this lovely camera still mystifies Luddite old me!
What am I misunderstanding (or have forgotten about) now/still at the bottom of the second Cog E page,
where I have my anti shock set to 0 seconds?

Last edited: