The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Yes, I think I would be able to live with this lens

jonoslack

I just started a 'fun with' thread for the lens, as it does seem worth it.
So - excuse the double posting:

1600 ISO (Matty)

500 ISO (Caspar)

1600 ISO (Matty)

Knorp

Well, the phone just rang - going to prepare myself in ernest to start living with this lens ... :lecture:

Knorp

Got the Beasty and that incredibly small 1.4xTC, too !
Beautiful piece of equipment, can't wait to take it out for a spin !

Al the very best.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Got mine with 1.4 TC as well today. What a wonderful lens!

First test shot are very promising! Will publish some if I have more time during next week.

Peter

dhsimmonds

I also collected mine today, but alas no TC14 's available in the UK at the moment. The lens however is superbly built and I shall try it our tomorrow as there was no time or light today.

Matix

Mine is in transit... locally $1,700 AUD with the TC, looking forward to the reach. Unfortunately the LX100 had to go, not that I lost too much sleep, the GX7 I have is preferred.... if only that LX100 lens was available separately!!

Phil

dhsimmonds

Mine is in transit... locally $1,700 AUD with the TC, looking forward to the reach. Unfortunately the LX100 had to go, not that I lost too much sleep, the GX7 I have is preferred.... if only that LX100 lens was available separately!!
Sorry to hear that Phil. I only use my LX100 for occasional family type stuff or the odd bit of street photography etc.

However I agree that it is no replacement for the E-M1 and now with the 40-150 Pro lens it is beginning to make a very useful pro kit!

dhsimmonds

One of our extended family dogs, "Bertie" the Border Terrier, more often known as the Border Terrorist! ;)

Click on image to view larger version please.

Using the 40-150 Pro at 1/50 at F2.8 maximum FL handheld

scott kirkpatrick

B&H just shipped me mine (w/o the 1.4 TC). I only ordered from them after Olympus was shipping, so B&H's backlog must not be as great as some rumors would have it. It will be in Houston TX waiting for me to decide how to collect it later this week.

scott

scott kirkpatrick

B&H just shipped me mine (w/o the 1.4 TC). I only ordered from them after Olympus was shipping, so B&H's backlog must not be as great as some rumors would have it. It will be in Houston TX waiting for me to decide how to collect it later this week.

scott
and it's arriving in Jerusalem this afternoon! (Christmas is optional here, of course.)

scott kirkpatrick

40-150 lens arrived just as promised. I made it as far through the instructions as Jono -- got the tripod support off. Here are a few shots within a few steps of the house:

If there is a nice moon tonight I will put the tripod support back on.

scott