The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Yes, I think I would be able to live with this lens

monk

Happy Holidays from Bonogin, Queensland! May I present the good news in this corner of the bush: a baby kook, being introduced to the neighboorhood by Ollie, his steadfast dad, who feeds him day and night. (E-M1 with the Zuiko 40-150mm) (f/5.0; 320.sec.; ISO 500.

Knorp

That young Kook looking well cared for ... :)
Happy shooting and happy Holidays.

Kind regards.

k-hawinkler

OOC JPG reduced in size, OLYMPUS E-M1 + M.40-150mm F2.8 @ f/5.6, ISO=1600, 150 mm, 1/5 s, handheld!

Merry Christmas!

scott kirkpatrick

Here's a nice edge-to-edge sharpness test -- the closest white roof is at 200 m from me, the construction crane at 500 m, the government offices are about 1 km away and the hotel in grey is 1.6 km.

100mm, f/5.6 @ISO 200 and 1/2500. I think you can check the pixels at my pbase account

scott

monk

Something special about those sunflower seeds. It flips the Rainbow Lorikeets and makes me a popular monk among the feathered set.

Last edited:

Matix

Something special about those sunflower seeds. It flips the Rainbow Lorikeets and makes me a popular monk among the feathered set.
That is one nice shot there Rev. We live in Brookwater area of S.E. Qld, and this year has been a great one for Lorikeets, White Cockatoos and of course the stunning King Parrots are never far away.

You are right, they love the sunflower and millet seeds, even the Cockys love them but they will not touch the corn kernels, the possums get them every night.

Great shot the second capture... light is always a problem with these guys, they seem to know and prefer to keep a clear line behind them.

Phil, still waiting for my 40-150mm

Knorp

Since Jorgen abandoned m43 a while back and started boring us with his Nikons :p, we in the meanwhile are all having fun with our 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO lenses.
Well that is except one :rolleyes: Yes, you know who you are ... :D

Anyway, I thought it about time to rekindle this thread with the upcoming Olympus 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO Wide Angle lens.
It's expected to be announced at CP+ 2015 in mid-February, sooo - we should be able to live with this lens right before summer :salute:
Though I very much liked my Lumix 7-14mm f/4.0 (while I had it), I have very high expectations for this new lens.

Can't wait to have the PRO zoom set complete: The Magnificent Trio from Zuiko !

:watch:

Kind regards.

Last edited:

k-hawinkler

Many thanks Bart. Excellent points.
My lens set wouldn't be complete without the new 300/4.
When is that supposed to be available? TIA.

k-hawinkler

Ah the possibilities for comparisons:

E-M5/1/5II and 7-14/2.8
D800/E/810 and 14-24/2.8
A7/7II/R/S/9/RII and FE 16-35/4
M/9 and WATE 16-18-21/4

jonoslack

Since Jorgen abandoned m43 a while back and started boring us with his Nikons :p, we in the meanwhile are all having fun with our 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO lenses.
Well that is except one :rolleyes: Yes, you know who you are ... :D
being generally paranoid, and also realising that Bart has a vendetta against me :D (not really)I wonder whether I know who I am?

Whatever, when the Sony A7ii was announced I had a knee jerk reaction and send my 40-150 back for a credit note . . . . . . I was thinking of getting a 16-35 for my A7ii . . but but but - A month with he A7ii hasn't really turned me off the E-M1 . . so I've cashed in my credit to get another 40-150.

It's coming tomorrow (happy Bart?)

Knorp

being generally paranoid, and also realising that Bart has a vendetta against me :D (not really)I wonder whether I know who I am?
Certainly not and probably not ... :p

Whatever, when the Sony A7ii was announced I had a knee jerk reaction and send my 40-150 back for a credit note . . . . . . I was thinking of getting a 16-35 for my A7ii . . but but but - A month with he A7ii hasn't really turned me off the E-M1 . . so I've cashed in my credit to get another 40-150.

It's coming tomorrow (happy Bart?)
Perfectly happy, but worried about these intermittent knee-jerk reactions.
A sure sign of chronic G.A.S., but is there a cure to it :lecture:

Happy shooting !

All the very best.

jonoslack

Certainly not and probably not ... :p

Perfectly happy, but worried about these intermittent knee-jerk reactions.
A sure sign of chronic G.A.S., but is there a cure to it :lecture:

Happy shooting !

All the very best.
....... And what's the cure?

jonoslack

Meh, who on earth really wants a cure for G.A.S.

:chug:
You just said there was a cure for it. Now you're telling me nobody wants one!

Oops I must read more carefully. There is a real difference between "is there" and "there is"