The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the LX100 / D-Lux Typ 109

bradhusick

Cute kid!

I assume this was a JPEG. There are smearing artifacts in the hair and moiré as well. Thanks for posting.

Amin

Thanks, Brad.

That was an unsupported RAW conversion using Lightroom after changing the camera model to GX7 using Exiftool.

Some of the noise and smearing you see in the darker tones is the result of heavy shadow pushing during conversion (+69 on shadow slider).

This was the in-camera JPEG:

Here is my other son, a bit of grain added in post. I missed focus a bit, but it's another example of the lens' bokeh at full tele:

P1000047 by Amin Sabet, on Flickr

Each boy charged me a $15 modeling fee :rolleyes:

Here's are the RAW files for download if you want to try them (EXIF has been changed to GX7 for wide support): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dgvfb48ypa54fkn/AADffJ9fcDbGYmj6RTBkFlTFa?dl=0

Irenaeus

What a beautiful pair of pictures, Amin ~ take it from an older guy with kids of his own ~ you'll have these around for a lifetime!

(and I'm still beaming with delight, myself...)

Blessings and cheers for you and yours,

Irenaeus

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Folks,

I am trying so hard to ignore this camera, but reading all your great posts plus also wanting such a camera for years now makes resisting pretty hard :)

Last edited:

raist3d

Amin,

Thanks for making the RAWS available. The latest beta of Iridient Digital 3.0 supports the LX100 raws already and does a reasonable job with the two raws you posted.

- Ricardo

Amin

What a beautiful pair of pictures, Amin ~ take it from an older guy with kids of his own ~ you'll have these around for a lifetime!

(and I'm still beaming with delight, myself...)

Blessings and cheers for you and yours,

Irenaeus
Thanks so much, Irenaeus! Here's one more from yesterday, this one a selfie while my girl listens to a bit of Zeppelin:

P1000317 by Amin Sabet, on Flickr

Amin,

Thanks for making the RAWS available. The latest beta of Iridient Digital 3.0 supports the LX100 raws already and does a reasonable job with the two raws you posted.

- Ricardo
My pleasure, Ricardo. Here are the unmodified RAWs from those nature closeups and my selfie:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8eb9swe4ree3uvk/AAAKcgBo-hR-E2RxNRteVkdla?dl=0

dhsimmonds

I tried out my LX100 in ernest over the week-end as I used it to do a photographic documentary piece in typical English November light!

This image is shown here uncropped so that corners can be seen by the pixel peepers! It was shot at 1/400, F2.8 auto ISO and WB spot auto focussing.

For my purpose this was the ideal camera as I kept it in my coat pocket whilst I chatted to the stall holder and explained what I wanted to do and managed to get his co-operation. Only then did I introduce the LX100 and it's size and form was never likely to intimidate him!

marlof

From the first weeks. This is the kind of camera I've been waiting for for quite some time. Small enough to fit in a coat pocket, but with a decent IQ, settings that can be visually checked, step zoom and what not. In the beginning it was a bit hit and miss in the sharpness department, but that was user error mostly. Since then I've grown more accustomed to the AF choices, and to holding this small camera. Things went uphill from there. My work related bag found its new camera.

P1000204 by Marlof Bregonje, on Flickr

P1000231 by Marlof Bregonje, on Flickr

P1000225 by Marlof Bregonje, on Flickr

mazor

impressive image quality from this LX100! It was not all that long ago the LX series was was "small sensor camera". Seems like the Lx100 is all grown up now ;)