The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the LX100 / D-Lux Typ 109

Terry

working through my LR processing. I feel like my shots need a bit of extra sharpening from LR defaults. Has anyone come up with anything consistent in their LR processing?

Amin

working through my LR processing. I feel like my shots need a bit of extra sharpening from LR defaults. Has anyone come up with anything consistent in their LR processing?
I think the files do need more sharpening than LR defaults. I also think the LR default color profile needs some work. I'm much happier with what I get in C1 after changing the EXIF to GX7. Looking forward to LX100 being supported officially in C1.

Amin

This is what the default sharpening/NR of an ISO 1250 LX100 file looks like in C1 (left, unsupported, EXIF changed to GX7) and LR (right):

The differences in color and contrast can be equalized by anyone who knows their way around the programs, but I have a hard time getting the files to look sharp without excess noise in Lightroom.

Sandokan

Oh dear. I hate you ... just when I had my heart set on a discounted GX7, you have made me think of something else. I had trouble enough with the announcement of the sony 7ii.

This Lx100 seems like the GX7 with a fixed fast zoom. And compact.

ggibson

I played with a the Leica version at the store the other day. Lovely build quality. Gorgeous design. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the zoom ring function. Seemed less responsive than other fly-by-wire zooms I've had. Otherwise, this camera is seriously tempting!

Terry

The zoom ring can be customized. I wasn't wild with it on zoom either. The top tradition zoom function works better. I set the ring for ISO.

wjlapier

I prefer step zoom. I wished the top zoom would do that. I tried the ring on the lens for stepped zoom and don't care for it. Fingers too fat...