The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

f8 and be there - fun with other lenses NOT on a G1!!!

kevinparis

Sunny day here in Paris, and I had opportunity to wander. Threw an old Nikkor 28/3.5 on the oly 510, cranked the ISO to 800, set it on f8 and set the hyperfocal to infinity and just clicked from the hip.... lots of losers but here are some keepers.

sure they could be sharper... sometimes actually looking at what i was taking would have been better... but it was fun.

cheers

K

Last edited:

peterv

Very nice! Paris is the place to be for streetshots I think...

BTW hyperfocal distance for this combination would be at 26.2 meter according to this site:

http://www.dofmaster.com/dofjs.html

That would give you a little more room nearby. Why not just set the lens at 5 or 10 meters for these shots?

Cheers,

Peter

helenhill

Nice set Kevin / especially the last ..
however I would expect more from YOU Today :) (A Day of Strike & Riots)

The Street Violence in Paris today looked quite INTENSE
and French Police with their Riot Gear look a Touch Hard Core
but I suppose not as Hard Core as the Police in Seattle
during the World Trade Summit

So You & Cam put on Your Riot Gear
and be our Paris Correspondents
but Do Keep Safe :D

bensonga

Great shots Kevin....terrific idea.

Re the first photo....with the day I've had here in the office today, I could have used one of those beers at about 3pm. Thankfully, I have the day off on Friday....maybe I'll actually get out and take some photos too.

Like Helen, my favorite shot what the last one.....I don't know, maybe it's because I'm starting to feel like a grumpy old man.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

kevinparis

Thanks for the comments... it was a fun exercise.

The Nikkor has nice clear markers for the DOF... though getting it on 26.2 could be difficult. These shots I had it set to inifinity

The beer shot was taken blind.. I had walked past the guy and shot it backwards from hip level.

good to hear from you Helen... will check out some Luis Vuitton Riot gear in the sales

K