The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A few lenses on a G1

monza

Nikon RF 8.5cm f/2

Nikon RF 3.5cm f/2.5

Contax RF Carl Zeiss Opton Sonnar 5cm f/1.5

Canon FL 55mm f/1.2

Lastly a shot taken with the Canon wide open at closest focus.

scho

Hi Robert, That FL 55 1.2 looks a lot bigger than the FD 50 1.2. It also seems to make bokeh donut holes similar to the FD 50 1.2. How do you like that Sonnar on the G1?
Regards,
Carl

monza

That's because it *is* bigger. :) Oddly, it looks bigger in the photo than it does in real life, if that makes sense.

It also has the preset feature, which could be handy...focus wide open and flip the switch to stop down and shoot.

As for the Sonnar, I'm really looking forward to trying it out. The adapters aren't mine, so I won't be able to test any of these lenses for a while longer. And besides that, the Novoflex is going back to Germany...

fordfanjpn

Speaking of lenses on a G1, I have a Contax G2 coming to play with for a while. Does anyone know if there is an adapter I can get to use the G2 lens on the G1?

Bill

monza

Before the Novoflex adapter gets sent back, I did a quick test with a late 50s Summarit-M 50/1.5.

Here is a shot at f/2. Interesting stuff in the corners. :) This could be a fun lens...it's new to me, and actually looks new, too. I forgot to take a pic of it on the G1. Click for full size.

peterb

I don't think I've ever seen any other camera sport SO many different lenses. It is just incredible. (As are the images I've seen taken with them!)

Peter

fordfanjpn

Before the Novoflex adapter gets sent back, I did a quick test with a late 50s Summarit-M 50/1.5.

Here is a shot at f/2. Interesting stuff in the corners. :) This could be a fun lens...it's new to me, and actually looks new, too. I forgot to take a pic of it on the G1.
I have one of those on short-term loan from a friend. I was hoping to try it out this weekend but it's supposed to rain all weekend. I'd love to see more of your shots with that lens on the G1. On the M8, it's my favorite.

Bill