The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Olympus EM5-II

sagar

Don't think anyone except Olympus can answer this for sure :). Having said that I would be surprised to see lower tier product line surpassing top end (EM-1).

Will it really have sensor shift added resolution technology??

Martin

mmbma

not sure the EM1 was intended to be a superior product line than the EM5. It was billed as the "successor" to the EM5. so maybe the EM5 ii is the successor of EM1

Godfrey

not sure the EM1 was intended to be a superior product line than the EM5. It was billed as the "successor" to the EM5. so maybe the EM5 ii is the successor of EM1
'Superior product line'? Doesn't make sense. The E-M1 model is currently the Olympus top of the line body, in the OM-D product line, intended as the pro-grade replacement for their last DSLR, the E-5.

In the OM-D line, the E-M5 was the first out, followed by the E-M1, and then the E-M10. The E-M10 included a couple of new features beyond the E-M1, with the sensor package of the E-M5. The E-M5 II follows the E-M10 in time, includes some of the new features that surfaced first in the E-M10, etc.

The E-M1 remains the top of the line. It is often the case that the top of the line camera body follows other models when it comes to features as the top of the line model development cycles more slowly than the mid-line models.

G

raist3d

All I have to say from what I am seeing this camera shaping up to be, is that if Olympus has an electronic shutter option, I am in. Selling equipment then.

- Ricardo

raist3d

My Romulan Intelligence NetworkTM tells me this camera may very well have an electronic shutter/silent shooting option. My interest in it has increased.

We'll see.

- Ricardo

raist3d

The latest rumors (FT5) are saying it has a shutter speed of 1/16,000. This sure more than not, indicates the presence of an electronic shutter option. Hope Olympus implemented "silent mode" right.

- Ricardo