The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M Adapter Thickness

monza

First, I planned to shim the adapter to get closer to correct spacing (I don´t want to send it in for replacement), but I´ve decided not to, for a rather curious reason: I´ve always hated the infinity locks on some of the lenses; now I never have to engage the lock, even for distant subjects...:)
Heh, that's actually quite handy, as long as one is willing to give up a bit of close focus. But M lenses are not all that close focus anyway.

As for me, I sent my Novoflex back, but apparently the replacement is lost in the mail.

cap'n bill

One thing I notice on the LTM lenses is that the index position varies by quite a few degrees so some lenses will have the mark at '12 o'clock' while others on the same mount will have it at about '11 o'clock'

Generally it doesn't matter except when using lenses with fixed or bayonet lens hoods when the hood will be out of position. I noticesd it on the LTM mount I just made which I based on a Zorky 50 f2 because it was the lens I least minded having in my workshop. When I used it with the 15mm CV ithe hood was well out of position and I have the tedious job of redrilling and tapping the four 1mm screws of the M39 mounting ring.