The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Question re. Milich GM adapter

Martin S

Just received the adapter, and used it with LTM to M adapter ring on CV 15mm lens.

Works fine. But one problem, I can't remove LTM adapter from GM adapter. I can release the locking pin, and the ring rotates easily. However, the ring won't release from the GM.

Any ideas??? Anyone else had a similar problem???

I already emailed Mr. Milich, but I would like to remove the ring so that I can try some other lenses today.

Thanks.

Martin

scho

Just received the adapter, and used it with LTM to M adapter ring on CV 15mm lens.

Works fine. But one problem, I can't remove LTM adapter from GM adapter. I can release the locking pin, and the ring rotates easily. However, the ring won't release from the GM.

Any ideas??? Anyone else had a similar problem???

I already emailed Mr. Milich, but I would like to remove the ring so that I can try some other lenses today.

Thanks.

Martin
Martin, Did you try leaving the lens mounted when removing the LTM from the GM adapter? I was fooling around with mine earlier today and had no problem, but I did keep the lens attached to the LTM adapter when separating from the GM.

First time I tried close focusing with the little CV15 on the G1 and it does quite well (see below). I had been using the CV15 for a couple of years with the M8, but only for landscapes where I essentially used it as a fixed focus lens (no RF coupling).

Regards,
Carl

Martin S

Thanks Carl. I will try your idea.

BTW The CV 15 mm works very well, and I can really FOCUS this lens.

Thanks again.

Martin

Last edited:

JimBuchanan

Since we are on the subject of the G1 with 15mm Heliar, could I ask how it performs on the G1?

I have 28 and 50mm M lenses and feel I need a wider angle. I was thinking of a 21mm for a 42mm effective normal lens. Is the Heliar 15 slow f/4.5 speed an problem for the G1?

K

kiloran

Since we are on the subject of the G1 with 15mm Heliar, could I ask how it performs on the G1?

I have 28 and 50mm M lenses and feel I need a wider angle. I was thinking of a 21mm for a 42mm effective normal lens. Is the Heliar 15 slow f/4.5 speed an problem for the G1?
I guess it depends on what you're shooting. If you're doing street stuff its probably ideal, as it will be for well-lit landscapes. Might be a challenge on a gloomy day - to my eyes the G1 is good up to ISO800 but you wouldn't want to use that for an expansive landscape shot.