The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Any interest in GF7 or Panasonic losing the plot?

V

Vivek

Is it a tag team effort from Pana and Oly or Panasonic losing the plot releasing the GF7?

JBurnett

I'm afraid that a GF7 doesn't hold much interest for me. And, as nice as the GX7 was, I would still love to see a (G6-sized/shaped) Panasonic competitor to the E-M5/10.

ggibson

I like the look pretty well (better than the GF3-6 stylings) and the specs. I agree, it's a consumer cam though. The controls are geared towards the beginner who doesn't want or know how to adjust settings manually. I'll never understand Panasonic's infatuation with the iAuto button. I wish they would just get rid of it (or give us a custom button) and have iAuto on the PASM dial.

On the other hand, if you're using larger mirrorless body, this could be a nice second (small) camera. It has some competition from both the GM5 and GM1, which are smaller. This seems to use the same smaller shutter mechanism as those two (1/50th flash sync), and I imagine image quality is similar. Nice entry price on the GF7 though.

hot

Selfies are for crazy people :ROTFL: :eek: :loco:
I've no interest in a camera you can get since long time in 999 similar variations.

GF7 = world most exiting camera ... WITH SELFIE ! rotfl :grin: