The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

OM-D E-M5 Mark II Pre-Order

Annna T

My E-M5 II with the 12-40 and 75 mm lenses should arrive next week from Popflash. If this kit clicks then the Fuji xt-1 and Sony A7II will soon be gone. Keeping the A7r as a digital back for the Cambo Actus.
You need to add the Panaleica 25mm F1.4 for a perfect kit ;-)

Knorp

NO,NO,NO!! I will strive to keep this kit small - no more than 3 lenses.:angel:

If I add a 3rd lens it will most likely be either the 40-150 or 300.
Of course you do strive to keep your kit small - but we all know resistance is futile ...
:chug:

ptomsu

Workshop Member
NO,NO,NO!! I will strive to keep this kit small - no more than 3 lenses.:angel:

If I add a 3rd lens it will most likely be either the 40-150 or 300.
Add the 40-150, this is a beautiful lens and stellar performer in all aspects!

jonoslack

WEX rang me today to ask me if I wanted one . . . . I dithered . . . and dithered and then said "not yet"
A strange case of SAG I think!

Knorp

WEX rang me today to ask me if I wanted one . . . . I dithered . . . and dithered and then said "not yet"
A strange case of SAG I think!
Huh?! You're wearing your trousers low around the waist ... :shocked: :loco: :wtf:

Last edited:

jonoslack

Don't get too excited guys - my trousers are firmly around my waist
SAG is simply the reverse of GAS
For once in my life I've resisted buying a new camera - even when I could have just nipped up the road to WEX to pick it up.
Mind you - I'm not guaranteeing I won't change my mind - I just thought I'd wait a bit and see. (after all, my E-M1 does a grand job, and I lent my tripod to someone and I can't remember who!)

Annna T

For once in my life I've resisted buying a new camera - even when I could have just nipped up the road to WEX to pick it up.
Mind you - I'm not guaranteeing I won't change my mind - I just thought I'd wait a bit and see. (after all, my E-M1 does a grand job, and I lent my tripod to someone and I can't remember who!)
I had already decided to get one when it was announced. Mainly because of the bigger EVF, plus some gadgets like WIFI etc. But I was supposed to wait a few months : there is an online dealer here who always offer 10% rebates before the summer holidays. .. But I got too impatient and ordered one this very morning.

I didn't have too much hesitation, because a) I have already passed on the E-M1 because its ergonomics didn't fit my hands. b) There are so many good MFT lenses that I don't want to part from the system. (Those are my favorites : the 12-40mm F2.8, the 75mm F1.8 and the PanaLeica 25mm F1.4).

I'm certainly guilty of GAS, but reading this forum makes me feel almost reasonnable.
I think that I should get rid of most of the Canon system, now that I have an A7r. Three systems, that is just too much for one person... Canon sensors lacks DR and Sony A7 series are lacking lenses, plus most of the recent lenses issued are huge.. So apparently, MFT is still in a sweet position and may have the best compromise between size and IQ/Performance.

Last edited:

mmbma

got mine today. pure class. HOWEVER, i am dissapointed that the old grips for my EM5 cannot work on the mark ii...no reason for it other than greed. Olympus just moved the tripod mount screw hole so the old grips cannot fit.

Knorp

Mmm, you've seen the chrome version ? It's sooo lovely ...
Particularly with that wonderful Z100/2.0 ... [SIZE="+2"]😈[/SIZE]