The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1?...we don't need no stinking G1/Picture thread

kweide

Such a cruise is indeed NOT for old persons but for ALL !! We had young, mid and older aged on board and all of them had massiv fun. Highly recommended

Pano from 8 shots, free hand, while in the habour of Ibiza
The glassthing on top is the 11th floor from 15 floors in total and is the Windjammer restaurant. Simply amazing.

Brian Mosley

Stunning images Klaus, love the vertical Pano above!

E-620 + ZD 14-35mm f2 SWD... earlier this evening
1/160s f/8.0 at 14.0mm iso100

Kind Regards

Brian

Brian Mosley

Thanks Klaus, I think I'm improving... just focusing on my immediate area at the moment.

Whatever you need to do, get yourself a 14-35mm SWD... it's as close to perfect optically as you can imagine!

Cheers

Brian

kweide

They really liked it

And suddenly they found one imitator...from the photographers studio on the ship :)

Oh no, 4 days cruise 1500 pics to go....

W

wblynch

Klaus, your photos are beautiful.

I have never been able to get cruise ship photos that look like that.

May I ask what you use for lighting?

Thanks, Bill L.

On cruise you meet the friendliest people...

kweide

Bill, i dont know wether you believe me or not, but it is the truth:
1 x Metz 58 was in use ! Nothing more. Okay the ambient light was my second light source :)
And i have only 1 rule: never ever flash direct ! Always bounce, drag the shutter to have the ambient light for the mood and the background. Thats all.

Last edited:
W

wblynch

Thanks !! Gotta try some new flash equipment. I guess the little onboard flash isn't worth the trouble.

Bill, i dont know wether you believe me or not, but it is the truth:
1 x Metz 58 was in use ! Nothing more. Okay the ambient light was my second light source :)
And i have only 1 rule: never ever flash direct ! Always bounce, drag the shutter to have the ambient light for the mood and the background. Thats all.

Michiel Schierbeek

Nice pictures Klaus, especially the nightboat and the first shopwindow I like very much.
I thougt this thread was fading away :)

Here are some pictures from Paris with the E-3. For the first time there were two big sort of feathers sticked to the sensor. Had it cleaned in Paris and the guy recommended me a filter to protect the lens from dust. So I bought that and three hours later it broke already because the strep of my bag went loose and i dropped it. Now the glass is broken and there is a little bump on the filter and I can't get it of my 12-60 :mad:

Runner in Jardin des Plantes ( beautifull place)

Rue Saint Dominique were we went for lunch in Brasserie Thoumieux. Great food!

kweide

Thanx all for your kind comments.
Yes, sometimes i think:" Come on, let it fade away. No further pics to the forum. Your pics are boring. They dont like them. So stop it." But then i feel to act again. :) to show a little out of my world and i am happy to see more than 11.000 visitors....

So dont look back
into the blue magnetic sea

and dont look too long into that kind of sun, you will get melancholy...
sitting on deck with a Frozen Pina Colada in the hand