The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1?...we don't need no stinking G1/Picture thread

kweide

Well, this picture seems to be boreing and not very interesting. But today was a lucky day...
While on business trip thru Berlin i checked one local dealer for his offerings.. just asking for some Zuikos, but either not in stock or to expensive. But then i asked for a lens and he said: "Yes man, i have one in stock....!" 2 seconds later it was mounted on an E620 and in my hands....
Uff, that lens is great....got a fair "houseprice" and took it with me home. 350 KM long way with that fat lens on the seat and no Oly cam with me. Stress !
But now it works.

It is: SIGMA 50mm f1.4 EX DG HSM.
Never thought i would ever buy a Sigma lens. And no focusproblems at all.

Michiel Schierbeek

Looks good! Nice and sharp! Is this wide open? Never know how to reveal exif data myself :cry:
I have good experiences with the Sigma 24/1.8
Michiel

kweide

Uff... f1.4 is a task. The DOF is soooo small just a little wind and everything is OoF.....DOnt even think moving a little. Not the Modell, not the cam

kweide

More testshots with Sigma at f1.4. It is tacksharp....
My son has to sit and to suffer. But for an IPOD its OK :)

kweide

Who said SIGMA lenses have a quality problem and need to be reworked ???
At least my SIGMA 50 F1.4 EX DG HSM has no issues...

It is sharp

so sharp

Sharp as the knifes bit, Look the spot where the knife cuts thru the pear...

kweide

Ready for the action. The Machinery is prepeared...

All tools are ready to be used...

And suddenly she recognized me and my little LED torch and threw me out of the room. Even the little barking dog got wings.... :)

Last edited:

kevinparis

been a long time posting... but here is the latest addition to my groaning lens shelf - a Leica summicron 50 R - cost a grand total of 140 euros... think i like.

All the best

K

Last edited:

kweide

Hi Kevin,
did i ever told you about my new 90 mm chron ??? Phhhhaaaantastttttiiiiiiic
Not this pic !

The final cut !